Title: 2007 Airstream Basecamp 16 - California
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.
PRICE REDUCED! MUST SELL.
The rare Airstream Basecamp! Good condition overall.
If you know about the Airstream Basecamp, you know that it did not have a long production run due to a few design problems. This Basecamp, like all the others, has those same issues. Google around for details.
Issues with this one:
* The sound system in the trailer is not functioning well -- one of four speakers is operational.
* Seals around back doors are not great. Had them replaced last year at Toscano RV, and they are now marginally better. (this is among the fundamental flaws of the Basecamp design.)
* Webbing on shelves does not handle heat well. All the shelf webbing you see in the photo was replaced in August 2014. 10 months of little use, and they're sagging.
* There is a minor alignment issue with the rear doors. You don't notice it unless you're really looking for it.
What I've updated recently:
* All ceiling lights replaced with LED. (Less heat, less battery usage.) Oct 2014
* Several new fuses, June 2014
* New battery, June 2014
* New tires (with re-packed bearings), June 2014. Tires have seen approximately 4,000 miles of use in the last 12 months.
* New VIP 3500 Power Jack welded to tongue, July 2014
* Air conditioning tune-up, July 2014
* Owner's manuals
* Aluminum ramps for the rear
* Several Kelty storage bags and shelf units
* Kelty tent with poles
I don't have a refrigerator of the sort that was optionally sold with these back in 2006.
All that said, it's a thoroughly enjoyable trailer, a great conversation starter at gas stations, and just fun to own. The only reason I'm selling is we no longer participate in the go cart racing league we bought it for (to haul the go cart around), and we decided we want a trailer with a bathroom.
Things to know about the Basecamp:
* It is rare! Most Airstream staff have never seen one. I drove it to the headquarters in Jackson Center, Ohio in 2014, and drew a small crowd of employees.
* The Basecamp has no shower or bathroom.
* Basecamps could be equipped with a TV; the TV for this one was broken (smashed LCD screen) when I bought it, and I have not replaced it.
* The Kelty tent that attaches to the back is a true nightmare to put together. Perhaps you'll have better luck than I did. :) I *DO* have the tent.
* The original Basecamp did not come with a good jack. I purchased a new VIP 3500 Power Jack and had it welded to the tongue last July.
$17,000.00 cash/cashier's check/wire transfer
DEALERS: I'm willing to discuss a straight sale, but please do not contact me with offers for consignment sales.
Purchaser's responsibility to pick the trailer up from me in Lafayette, CA (either in person, or via a shipper).
** If the posting is still visible, I still have the trailer. **
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: