Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Fe , New Mexico
2006 Airstream Safari SE 25 - New Mexico

Title: 2006 Airstream Safari SE 25 - New Mexico
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Higher end Safari Special Edition, 25', front bedroom, with the large panoramic windows front and rear, SE package, HDTV, Sony stereo system with speakers front and rear, great tires. I paid a professional a year ago to replace the original sorta cheap vinyl flooring with the highest grade vinyl I could find. I have not camped in it since that replacement. Also, the original mattress has been replaced with a high end Queen size memory foam model which is very comfortable. Fantastic fan, skylight, almost all extras available at the time--600 watt inverter, convection microwave with 3 burner cooktop, range cover, Safari LS upgrade package, Special Edition upgrade.

As the photos will show, the exterior sheet metal is in outstanding condition. There are a few minor hail dings on the roof but you can hardly see that. The sides and what you see is all fine. A tree branch fell on the rear center upper panel (the panel at the rear with the "Airstream" name). That panel was replaced by the head mechanic at the Albuquerque Airstream dealership and looks like new.

The trailer will come with a complete, new, unused set of midnight sun cushions that Airstream gave me. An odd thing happened soon after my wife and I bought this trailer new in Feb., 2006. The Airstream dealer (in California) never properly installed the smoke detector batteries or the carbon monoxide batteries and we camped for over 40 days before we discovered the error. That error caused Airstream to institute the placement of a card that now hangs down from the smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in all new Airstreams that alert users to the need to place batteries into proper position. Anyway, the president of Airstream at the time (and I think he still holds the job), named Wheeler I think, spoke to me and apologized for the oversight. He assigned a special guy from the factory to address every last warranty issue we had. That guy worked with the Airstream dealer in Albuquerque to make absolute sure our Airstream was placed in perfect condition. So when my wife mentioned a bad seam on a cushion, they shipped us an entire new set. We haven't even opened or taken them out of the shipping boxes. The new owner will get that new set of cushions. As it is, the original cushions are in fine shape.

Also, since our life's situation has changed and we won't be camping anymore, we will include the highly useful Equalizer hitch setup which I think costs about $900-1,000 new. I also will want to sell separately a pair of the latest model Yamaha 2,000KW generators that can be hooked together to provide enough power to run the A/C.

If you're seriously looking for a used Airstream like this, you can call me at show contact info

No one else has owned or used this trailer.

I have many more photos than this site allows. Look at craigslist Santa Fe for my listing which has 24 photos or contact me.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...25-new-mexico/
mistermcfrug is offline   Reply With Quote