Old 10-10-2015, 06:01 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2006 19' International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia
2006 Airstream International CCD 19 - Virginia

Title: 2006 Airstream International CCD 19 - Virginia
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

This is a 2006 19' Airstream International CCD 75th Anniversary Edition. It is in GREAT condition with only minor scratches and small dents. There is one fist sized dent on the upper door side corner that can be popped out, I just haven't gotten to it and it is not noticeable. The glass and guards are in excellent shape, everything works perfectly on AND in the trailer.

Goodyear tires and spare are about 4 years old and are also in excellent shape with many miles left. Brakes where just checked at the dealership and are in good shape. Deep cell batteries are less than a year old and we recently replaced the water heater tank.

Upgrades include a General Ecology water filtration system, an Equal-I-zer 6K hitch, Samsung 22" LED HD TV with built in HD tuner and USB ports, large outdoor rug, Yamaha 1600 Watt gas Generator and many little extras to get you camping immediately (water hoses, filters, etc.)

This trailer has been very well maintained and lovingly cared for.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

netman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #2

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas

Greetings, I'm one of the moderators. Was the user who contacted you with a suspicious "paypal only" offer called robin9090 or something else? If it's that one, we've dealt with the account but if it's a different user I'd like to know. What I assume was your report regarding this ad just mentioned the scam technique, not the email address or AIRForums username.

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:58 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member
2006 19' International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia

No, it was actually william torwestern , and he sent the following:

"Thank for the prompt response to my mail. Please be informed that
i will be paying with American certified check as payment. once the
check clear in your account. My shipper will come for the pickup of the air-stream,
also i will be response for the shipment of the air-stream . Just moved out from Marietta ,
Georgia on job transfer to Essex , UK.

If you accept this offer. Please send me your information for
payment and required information is below:

1.Name to be on the payment__________________2.Full Home
address______________ City____________zip Code________________3.Cell
phone#______________________ Price_____________ Pictures____________

I will notify you immediately when you will receive the check ,
so be expecting it very soon . Thank"

I tried to trip him up and told him that he could only send the check to a representative at my bank, and that only after the check had cleared and they had verified fund with his bank would we proceed with the deal. I expected him to go away after that, but he said that was fine. After that I cut off communications with him.
netman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #4
1999 34' Excella
Coal Township , Pennsylvania

I also have had the same letter as you have listed and he insisted the check was good and that he would get back to me that was two weeks ago and no answer from him william torwestern I do believe he is a scam artist hope airstream classified can do something to block him.
As I I said I receive the exact email that netman1969 has listed
switaj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
London , Ontario

Hi David,
William Torwestern also sent this letter to me on my 2015 19 Flying Cloud listing. He emailed it to me over a month ago and I responded similarly to Netman1969. He also replied with a "no problem" type response. Surprise, I have not yet received his check??!
Joe Curry is offline   Reply With Quote