Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2016, 03:45 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Longview , Texas
1997 Airstream Excella 30 - Texas

Title: 1997 Airstream Excella 30 - Texas
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

----DELIVERY POSSIBLE-----------Hard to find in this condition!-------------
I have a 1997 Model 30' Airstream-Classic Excella-1000 Extra Wide Bodied Trailer in excellent condition, that has been kept under a RV Port out of the sun and elements most of it`s 19 years.
I bought this trailer from the second owners, who had it for 16 years.
The exterior has been well kept as shown in the pics. The full length Zip-Dee Awning is custom made with the Airstream Brand on it.
This trailer has something that is almost impossible to find. It has a heavy duty hitch on the rear of the trailer with an independent trailer lighting wiring harness, so you have the ability to tow another trailer with your ATV, boat or small vehicle in tandem behind this trailer.
This unit has the upgrade black-water tank flush system. all you have to do is hook the water hose up to it and turn it on, and it has jets that automatically flush your black tank for trouble free clean-out. . I have rebuilt the toilet,new valve & gasket, rebuilt the grey tank dump valve.
I replaced the City water inlet with a new inlet that has a 65psi pressure regulator, so you don`t have to worry about using a regulator inline. I removed the fresh water tank, flushed it out and installed new inlet & vent hoses, fittings and drain-cock to the tank.Comes with 1-35' and 1-25' fresh water hose, another 10-12' hose, that allows you to fill your fresh water tank from your city water outlet valve, without disconnecting the city water hose from the trailer. You get 2-10' sewage hose sections with attachments to fit any RV sewage setup. There is also a capped sewage hose compartment tube under the trailer, that will hold the extra 10' sewage section separately. There is a large drawer in the bumper compartment for plenty of room for of hoses and hitch components.I have new in the box leveling blocks and tire chocks also included.
I just purchased a brand new 1000 lb load leveling hitch anti-sway tow system, with a 10,000 lb. tow capacity.
The standard 15" tires have been replaced with new 16" tires and heavy duty Aluminum rims, the tires look brand new still, also a new matching spare tire, that mounts underneath.
Brakes work great, and the trailer pulls well. The Batteries were replaced 2 years ago,and i don`t think the trailer has gone anywhere since , until i brought it home with me. I have gone thru this trailer trying to find any little thing needing fixed or serviced and have done my best to fix everything as original.. I replaced the interior lights with LED bulbs. These bulbs not only produce very little heat, but are much longer lasting and use 1/4 of the energy of standard bulbs, which will allow for longer battery life when no AC power is available
This trailer was set up from the factory to sleep 4-6. This model isn`t as round on top as the earlier models, thus has more head clearance inside, and is also much easier to walk on when roof access is needed for maintenance or just to wash.
The extra wide body has a full 8' clearance inside, carpet throughout, Berber (which is made of genuine wool) lined walls front-to-back, except for in the kitchen-dining-bath area, all in good shape. The ceiling has foam-padded vinyl for sound deadening and extra insulation,in excellent shape.
There are 2 Skylights with draw-type shades, one between the living room and the kitchen, and one in the bathroom. These skylights alone gives plenty of light during daylight hours, even under cloudy conditions, and allows plenty of light plus privacy without any electricity usage in daylight hours, and will also help with heating in wintertime.
All cabinets have solid oak faces and solid oak doors, no particle board here.. Plenty of storage, and if you are unfamiliar with Airstream Trailers, you won`t believe the amount of storage this trailer has! A large refrigerator/freezer combo, works better than expected, with 5 temperature settings, 5 being the coldest, the fridge stays plenty cold on 2, and when i first got it, i set it on 3/normal as recommended and that was too cold.
It has a thermostat control for the Dometic 15,000BTU AC/Heat Pump, with a Duo-Therm Comfort Control Thermostat, that has a 4-mode controller, giving you the choice of Fan Only, A/C, Heat, or Furnace, letting you control all options at one control. It is equipped with the Excalliber 8500 ducted central furnace, with electronic ignition and gas control. Much safer, reliable and more convenient than a gas pilot model. You have 3 top-mounted vents total. and the rear bedroom vent is a Fantastic 3-speed, dual directional vent fan.
The Master Bedroom is very cozy, has a Queen sized bed and a very nice set of cabinets,above, below and of both sides of the bed, with AC power outlets mounted in the cabinets on both sides of the bed with removable panels on the bed side of the cabinets, so you can use them as cabinets or shelves for side access. Also drawers below the bed on both sides and at the foot of the bed. On the wall a hat,coat rack is mounted an a fold down tv or appliance table, with 12v and antenna hookups.I have a portable 12v Fantastic Fan-Endless Breeze Fan sitting on that table now, and that will be included with the trailer. .
Included with this trailer is a Serta Northstar Perfect Sleeper Queen Mattress, looks and feels new,and I just bought a new mattress cover, sheet set, new pillows and new comforter set. This will be shown in the pics, all the bedding accessories are included. I have only slept on this bed a few times when i have been at my parents house working on it where it is setup.
The living-room area alone has enough table space in front of the couch to seat 5-6 for meals, including a fold down-extendable double leaf table on the road side of the couch and a single leaf fold down table on the curbside of the couch.. The curbside table also has storage next to the wall, the owners manual says it is designed to store 2-Zip Dee fold-up chairs. The couch has a massive slide out storage drawer below the couch.
Above the couch is more storage and your Sony (pop off face) AM/FM Cassette Stereo System, with speakers in the living-room, and also in the master bedroom, with balance and fader functions, so the sound can be isolated to the front or rear when desired, or balanced throughout the trailer
The Lower TV cabinet on the roadbside has antenna,AC, and 12v DC outlets in the cabinet, and also the same setup in the overhead cabinet, so you have the choice of a larger TV at eye lever, or you can install a 12" or so TV in the upper cabinet if you wish. I have a 32" TV there now and it looks like a 39-40" Tv will fit ok.
The kitchen/dinning-room area has a white porcelain/stainless double sink, with matching faucet with pull out spray/ stream combo, and a separate built in bar tap faucet/with under-counter water filter. A condiment cabinet above the sink and more storage overhead the whole length of the kitchen/dinning area, and cabinet space below the sink, and plenty of drawer space, for utensils, pots and pans, dishes and such.
There is a 3 burner Magic Chef gas stove, with electronic ignition,no pilot.
Gas oven has been replaced with a good sized Oyster convection oven, works great!
The dinning area across from the kitchen has a dinning table that comfortably seats 4, and folds down to make another bed, with large storage drawers under each bench seat, with overhead cabinets.The cabinet mounted climate-control fridge sits between the dining and bath area with a cedar-lined hanging clothes cabinet across from that. The fold up closet base, gives access to the water pump, plumbing and central furnace duct work.
The center bath, has a separate shower enclosure, with a built in bench for convenience, and 2 different height mounting brackets for the shower head. The rock solid-shower pan has a 5" deep seamless base, that can be used as a wash basin or as a tub for a small child. The sink and top of the line Thetford toilet, are directly across from the shower, with counter-top and mounted vanity, and a large vanity mirror with plenty of storage above the sink, and more cabinet space below the vanity. A pop-up vent fan also in the bath, and double sliding pocket doors on each side of the bathroom, so it can be isolated completely, or from either the front of the trailer or the master bedroom.
I have a clean undated Mississippi title and you will get a receipt when purchased. Cash, no checks,,,, I will consider silver and,or, gold coins as a partial trade. I would also consider an Airstream B-190, an earlier model or a smaller model Airstream trailer in good shape in on the trade. Comes with original owners manuals for trailer and all the appliances and accessories. I will also consider reasonable offers, but i have done a nationwide search, and there are very few trailers of or about this year model, and you will be lucky to find one in as good shape as this one. If you need more specific pics or have any questions, please don`t hesitate to ask.
This is an Awesome Trailer, that is ready to go and you won`t have to worry about its dependability.
Dry weight is 7,000 lbs. My tow vehicle is a 2006 F-150 FX4, and has no problem at interstate speeds.
If needed, i can arrange to deliver this trailer anywhere within the Continental US, excluding Alaska and Hawaii.
Call Dave 903-375-6638
If you call, and i don`t answer, please leave me a message and i`ll return calls on a first called basis.
This phone is not a cell and does not accept. You can also call or text to my cell 903-240-3790, but i won`t be answering with a text, unless you just want a yes/no answer to know if it is still available. You can text me requesting a a return call, and I will be happy to call you back from either number as soon as i am available to do so.

Thanks for your consideration of my trailer, and if this isn`t the trailer for you, i do hope you do find yo
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...la-30-texas-2/
dave43tex is offline   Reply With Quote