Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
1997 Airstream Excella 25 - Texas

Title: 1997 Airstream Excella 25 - Texas
We just listed our 1997 Airstream Excella for Sale on Airstream Classifieds.

Year: 1997 Make: Airstream Model: Excella Length: 25'

SOLD
We've decided to sell our '97 Airstream Excella 25. This year is the second year of the wide body design. This trailer has been exceptionally well maintained. The interior has been refurbished and the trailer has been painted. Some features include 16" wheels and BF Goodrich Commercial tires, almost new dump valve system featuring Valterra valves, Anderson WD Hitch, premium grade RV Queen mattress, Corian countertops and surfaces. custom twinwall polycarbonate shower door, almost new water pump, Chicago Faucet kitchen set, Sharp TV, DVD Player, TV antenna upgrade, Lafer Kiri leather recliners, nearly new Lifeline batteries, nearly new brakes, coffee maker, and vacuum cleaner.

Also available is a Honda EU2000I Generator and a metal car/RV port.
See more pictures in Members Photos Section under member name "Bob Thompson": http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...mp;userid=3264

I've given it some thought and I will consider delivering the trailer within about 1200 miles of Corpus Christi.
SOLD
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...ella-25-texas/
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Dunwoody , Georgia

Hi Bob-
Since I have joined the forum I have always enjoyed your input. Are you getting a newer/different trailer? I am debating selling my 1975 Argosy and getting something newer. We need it to sleep four- wife and I in back and 10 and 12 year old kids in front. How hard to you think it would be (or is there enough room) to custom build an L shaped settee that could serve as two beds in front?

I know you have maintained the heck out of- should be a good one for someone. Do you have rough idea of its present weight? i thought they were heavier than mine but also thought I had remembered reading that you had stripped a lot of weight out of yours.

Thanks!

Rick Bensyl
Old 01-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Dunwoody , Georgia

PS- did you paint the outside also or is it just that clean?
Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas

Hi Rick, We've traveled so much over the past 15 years and have become jaded to places that used to leave us in awe! We're going to get out of RV'ing. The trailer we are selling is ideally set up for one or two people. It really wouldn't work very well for kids, especially kids about to become teenagers with their need for privacy.

That said, it wouldn't be that difficult to build an "L" shaped settee, there's nothing really in the way except the battery box and the settee would pass over it. It think the key would be to make the seat bottom so it could be angled for more comfortable seating, but also be adjusted flat for sleeping.

I'm just about sure the current dry weight for my trailer is about 5200 lbs. That is based on the weight of items taken out during the renovation, verses the weight of what was put back. An example is the heavy Univolt charger taken out verses the Intellipower which is very light.

For painting, see: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f474...5-a-10522.html

Bob Thompson
Old 01-26-2014, 10:41 PM   #5

Currently Looking...
Grand Forks , North Dakota

Hi Bob-

Just wondering if the hitch is manual on this trailer?

Keri Powell
KeriPowell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Dunwoody , Georgia

Thanks Bob. I had not even thought of the privacy issue! That may have me re-think my whole strategy. I was trying to stay around 25-28 feet but may end up looking at larger trailers now!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas

I Keri, the hitch jack is electric on this trailer. I'm sure it is the original electric jack. I keep it properly greased so it gives me no problems.