Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
La Follette , Tennessee
1988 Airstream 325 - Texas

Title: 1988 Airstream 325 - Texas
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

This rig is ready for camping. We lived in it full time from May until November, and traveled from East Tennessee to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in it while towing a car. Like any 25 year old vehicle it has some patina and is not perfect. That being said it is far better than most and is a survivor. With just 56,+++ miles on it, there is much more life in it and ready to take you most anywhere you want. For insurance purposes it was appraised last summer by United RV Center in Ft. Worth for $37,500. we have a reserve price of less than $20,000 and will consider all offers. Plans are to take it to United RV for consignment if not sold on ebay. I will pick the buyer up at the DFW airport and pay for the first night at the Vineyards Campground in Grapevine Texas. There I will show you how to set up your new purchase and get you started.

I have done the "Lions Share" of remodeling and maintenance work to include:

hardwood flooring
rebuilt drawer boxes-this is a big deal, see the video
new high quality RV drawer slides
3 way water heater, AC, gas, engine coolant
new radiator
80 feet of new radiator hose
rebuilt carb
New inline fuel pump
new high capacity engine water pump
late model Dometic Classic 2 way refrigerator, ac, gas
reupholstered couch and club chairs
oak dining table
oak dresser top
shore power relay
rebuilt exterior storage bins
custom front bike hitch
new generator fuel pump
air conditioner shrouds
vent covers
twin to full bedroom mod- completely reversible back to twins in 30 minutes
shower and bath fixtures
new Thedford low profile toilet
oak hardwood replacement of original pressboard decking under commode
white paneling in place of mauve upholstery
air dam in engine compartment
new scare light with blue lens
blue lens installed on outside lights
three new batteries this year
drive belts
good tires
Air conditioner shrouds
Roof vents
New horn (not air horn)

We have just recently spent 6 months full time in the rig having driven it from Knoxville Tennessee to Grapevine Texas pulling a car. It ran flawlessly as we arrived in Texas to summer time temperatures exceeding 100 degrees.

Mileage is under 57,000 miles and the Chevy 454 and TH400 have lots of life left in then. Both are smooth and quiet.

I have done the "Lions Share" of the work on this rig and here is what presently has flaws or needs repair:

dash ac- it might work if refilled. I never tried to as I had planned to use a Classic Air retro system
fairing at front bumper needs to be glassed where cracks exist
areas of clearcoat
woodgrain appliqué on hood
rubber moulding at cockpit side windows and plastic weep covers
screen door needs a couple of welds made
entry door weatherstrip
spare tire storage in back needs fiberglass repair- hidden from sight by tire in trunk area
kitchen counter has hole where built in blender was installed. I had planned to replace the mauve countertop with a granite composite, but never got to that project.
neither lp furnace works- was waiting for roof ac units to go out and replace them with heat pump and remove furnaces completely. AC units keep rolling along and work great so swap out has not taken place. I have found that electric space heaters have met my cold weather needs.
gauges- oil pressure, and fuel quantity. I always filled up every 200 miles sine fuel gauge is broken
environmental control panel in dash needs to be secured on right side
parking brake
headlights work but should be replaced with brighter units for prolonged night driving.
Some floor moulding in the bath and bedroom remain to be finished. Having a cover made for a spot over the wheel well before proceeding.
a few crack in the plastic dash moulding
a leak exists in the plastic holding tank. I repaired a similar crack in the other tank back in 2007 with Por 15 rust proofing paint and fiberglass cloth. That repair is still holding strong. Por 15 is also an industrial grade adhesive. I have fixed lots of stuff by glueing it with Por 15. I used this technique to repair the storage drawers. It is a 15 to 45 minute job, but the leak developed after the cold weather set in and I put it off.

This rig runs very well and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere, however that is in no way a guarantee, just my opinion.

Here are some links to videos I have prepared:
Airstream Videos

Feel free to request full size photos to help evaluate the condition of the rig

Having fun!!

New hardwood floor, chair and couch upholstery. Couch folds out to accommodate up to two people

Original mauve formica table top replaced with solid oak unit of exact dimensions

Table and Chairs, Cabinet with wine rack under table

Kitchen and counter top. Under jug is a cutting board over hole where the original blender was installed

Original raised panel doors from original refrigerator have not been installed on replacement. I was told by domestic that they would fit
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...eam-325-texas/
Jetstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote