Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
1983 Airstream International 31 - Georgia

Title: 1983 Airstream International 31 - Georgia
We just listed our 1983 Airstream International for Sale on Airstream Classifieds.

Year: 1983 Make: Airstream Model: International Length: 31'

PRICED TO MOVE!!!
We're selling our older trailer: 1983 31' Sovereign (not International) Airstream with center bath (curbside). It has a queen bed that the previous owner had designed and installed on what used to be twin beds.

The curbside ZipDee awning (there are 2 street side) is a great accessory, and it was installed new when we bought the trailer from the Airstream dealer in Cookville, Tennessee in 2007. The problem I have is the string is sliding out. I also found out that the outer “shell” which is supposed to wind up over the outside is missing. That’s why the string is sliding out.

Just about everything works and it is ready to continue it's camping travels. Last year, we had it at the (AirForums) CanOpener Rally, and we've had it at the SpringStream and Falluminum Rallies for the last 6 years.

I have added some character (dents) though. The door swung open once when moving and dented the side (we lock the deadbolt now). I raised the front and crunched the (open at the time) driver side rear compartment door on an electrical post (pictured). It tows great, but as pictured, I dented the curbside rear and wiped out my address post (4x4 white) when the rear end swung wide turning left out of my old driveway. However, I have no idea who sideswiped the curbside though, and hit my angle bracket for the ZipDee (picture shows split skin-it will require a patch of some kind. I thought of a larger angle that would cover the entire hole).

Things that work and we depend on: Furnace, A/C, black tank and valve, gray tank and valve, shore-hookup fresh water system, fresh water tank and pump, 12 volt system (boondocking), Dometic gas/electric fridge (although fresh-food door latch spring is sprung), stereo system (speakers front and rear, we hook up TV to hear better when A/C is running), fold-down steps, water heater, shower, vanity faucet, kitchen sink (new faucet installed by dealer when we bought), Magic Chef 4-burner range and oven, over-the-range exhaust (12 volt), sliding doors (bedroom, bathroom), accordion door between galley and hallway (although magnetic catch is weak), fold-out couch (double bed), fold-out table, and all 12 volt lighting throughout, a wall-mounted 120v flat-screen TV.

The things that trouble me: the tambour slider for the lower area in the living/galley junction. It opens barely far enough to get things out, but not all the way. The fresh-food door on the fridge latch doesn't catch (sprung-doesn't affect much except it opens when traveling so we put a bungee across it). I also "temporarily" installed a wall-mounted flat-screen TV with long bolts and had planned to replace the long bolts with more appropriate length. The flooring is laminate and is showing it's age too.

This is a great vintage trailer to get out and camp. We boondocked at Walmart overnight when traveling because everything works. At 31' it did meet our needs but we are setting ourselves up for retirement (and got a 34’).
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...al-31-georgia/
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
1983 Airstream International 31 - Georgia

Thanks for the interest. Sold, paid for and picked up already.

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote