Title: 1981 Airstream 280 28 - California
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.
This unit is a rare factory Diesel with 85000 miles on it. The skin is great. Tires good including spare. California Title and currently registered. No broken glass except very small rock chip in front windshield. New water tank, replaced recently by previous owner. I am the third owner. Two AC units, need service. New refrigerator. New wood flooring. Great conditions
Work and repairs done to Motorhome.
1. Replaced brake calipers and brake pads all 4 wheels and new master cylinder. Brake fluid was flushed and replaced with new fluid.
2. Flooring replaced with medium color laminate. The hatch for the battery access was not completed. We built a metal frame to hold the battery access door and installed wood floor to match.
3. The pantry next to the refrigerator needed repairs. I reinforced the factory shelves and cleaned them.
4. I have stainless steel wheel liners for all 4 wheels. I ordered these for this specific wheel number. Not shown in photos.
5. The front and rear couch bed was reupholstered, and installed. The foam on the couches needed replaced. The misc. fabric trim being done at the same time. The wall pad behind couches-bed was upholstered the same color as couch-bed units.
6. We shampooed the front captain chairs and two side chairs as well as the front carpet. It's the original Airstream material and good condition.
7. Unit does not have blinds, screens or curtains. Whoever purchases unit will need to install what they prefer. I have replaced the screen in the bathroom as it had a few holes in the screen cloth.
8. Prepped and painted the walls up to the ceiling.
8. Clean and sanitize refrigerator.
9. Shower spray head replaced as well as towel bar and tooth brush holder.. Bathroom has new sheet vinyl flooring. The walls that would not clean were repainted. The medicine cabinet was removed and cleaned. The frame was repainted.
10. Exterior is very good condition.
11. The engine runs and starts, drivable.
12. Replaced converter/charger with new unit. This is located under the rear bed unit.
13. The vanity at the middle bedroom has been repaired with 3 drawers and 3 shelf units.
14. The console behind the drivers seat was completed and tambour sliding door repaired.
15. Heat vent under the front couch was finished and powder coated.
16. Microwave unit was removed and panel under it repaired. Microwave works.
17. The exterior step was tested and works and retracts when the engine is started. We put an aluminum diamond plate cover over the step to match the interior step ABS repair.
18. The refrigerator and freezer was tested and works fine.
19. The door has a shade inside. The upper skin was removed and new window shade installed in door and skin replaced and door painted.
20. I just had the coach serviced at my Diesel Shop. He did the following service items:
-Drain and replace differential gear oil
-Drain and replace transmission fluid and change internal filter.
-Drain and replace engine oil and change all filters on engine.
-Replace all engine hoses.
-Replace all engine belts.
-Check charging system, ok; replace flasher and new bulbs as required.
-Repack front wheel bearing, replaced bearings needed.
-Drain, flush and replace engine coolant.
-Nuisance oil leak, high pressure pump needed new seals, removed, resealed and no issues.
-Test drive and look for any issues on coach, no issues.
21. New steering wheel cover. Original was ready to go.
22. AC units need service and repair.
I will consider all offers except trades.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: