Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2016, 11:59 PM   #1

1978 31' Sovereign
Tallahassee , Florida
1978 Airstream Argosy Minuet 6.0m - Florida

Title: 1978 Airstream Argosy Minuet 6.0m - Florida
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

I purchased this great trailer for storage purposes and in time have found it to be quite the gem. Rather than gut it and turn it into storage I thought better to try and sell it to the individual who will recognize it for what it is. I must say I`m greatly impressed with its construction (aluminum composite floor) and ease of towing. This ad is merely a discovery in this Minuets approximate value. I am still in the inspection phase and have discovered a cold roof A/C, all tanks,excluding the forward potable water tank, holding water.Plumbing issues are seeping faucets (O-rings at the base of spouts) and cracked drain spigots. All AC electrical circuitry passing muster. All DC electrical circuitry, including ceiling and range fan, A-OK. Motorola FM stereo works (need speaker upgrades)but haven't an 8 track tape to test player Tonight I take pics of this 10-77 #20D8-S5077 Argosy Minuet. I`m still removing its interior in order to get a better idea of its structural integrity and for a more thorough cleaning.
UPDATE...I have dropped the price 40% from 5K to 3K due to having no confidence in either the hot water heater or refrigerator. TV Antenna thrown out and the hole filled with great stuff and taped over. Left inner wheel well cracked and now repaired. Tree dent on top front but no leaks or tears in the metal. The fold out table, slide out bed and aluminum dinette bench plus other assorted attachments though not in the photos ARE in storage sans the bed and seat cushions.
There are rusted areas on the frame that potential buyers should inquire about. How serious I`ll never know due to my lack of desire in removing the under belly. Using the rearward levelers as a jacking point, the tires were dismounted,beads cleaned then remounted and balanced.Tires look great. Axle bearings cleaned and repacked, looking perfectly good.
I know it tracked straight and smooth at 75 mph.
When leveled via the scissors jacks underneath the frame it did not appear to protest and when yanking the back bumper up and down vigorously it did not flex.
Potential buyers should ask themselves what their intended use will be. How long they intend to use it for that specific purpose and what three grand will buy in a comparable sized Argosy.
https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...e18e1ebe44.pdf
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-6-0m-florida/
gawnit is offline   Reply With Quote