I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.
Beautiful, vintage 1977 28ft AVION La Grande TRAVEL TRAILER: $9,500 or best offer!
The AVION is a close relative to the AIRSTREAM & STREAMLINE travel trailer families. Although Airstream is by far the most well known brand in aluminum trailers, many knowledgeable individuals consider Avion of the 1970s and 1980s to be of superior construction quality. The 28ft AVION is comparable to the Airstream Overlander and Ambassador models.
If you've been searching for that great vintage aluminum Travel Trailer then you may have just found it! This vintage 1977 28-foot Avion Le Grande Travel Trailer is a wonderful example of the original vintage aluminum aircraft-style travel trailer which has become an American icon. This is an ORIGINAL and COMPLETE trailer that is in great condition. It actually rivals or supercedes Airstream on many levels [the 70s -- 80s era]. We hold clear title with no liens or encumbrances. The aluminum exterior skin is in excellent condition with some minor exception. SMOKE-FREE it has a dry weight of approx. 5080 lbs according to factory specs and a hitch weight of 580 lbs. Seating/Sleeping configuration of (4) Convertible queen size in the front compartment and (2) twin beds in the rear compartment. It also has plenty of storage, a kitchenette with nice original double sink, (4) Burner gas stovetop, two-rack oven/broiler and a nice bath with full shower in the rear. It even has the original TV Antenna and TV shelf bracket with the swing arm so you could watch TV in the Kitchen or in the berthing area. Has added 4-speaker cassette player/AM/FM radio with two speakers in the dinette and two speakers in sleeping area. The 28ft is a perfect size for easy maneuverability and is well suited for family vacations or weekend excursions.
• Dual-Axle MOR-ryde Suspension Trailer, Well-Maintained
• Equalizer Bar Towing Setup (Trailer Tag-Along, complete)
• Beautiful Honey Birch Hardwood cabinetry and trim
• Shelves and Racks Inside Cabinets
• All original complete interior that is in good condition
• Convertible Café lounge in the front galley w/folding dinette, seats 4
• Cathedral Lighting and 12-v Lighting throughout
• Original Kitchen countertops in great shape
• Interior privacy dividers
• (3) Three Clothes Closets (FULL LENGTH)
• Lots of Storage Cabinets and Drawers
• Under Seat Storage
• Desirable Rear Bath layout w/standing shower
• Toilet - Dometic
• Holding Tanks - (3) Three (50 g Drinking Water, 25 g Gray Water and 25 g Sewage)
• Sewage and Grey water Transfer Hose (stores in rear bumper)
• Gas Cooktop and Oven (4)-Burner Magic Chef
• Stovetop Exhaust Hood and Cook Light
• Refrigerator DOMETIC Full Size (Gas AND/OR Electric powered)
• Microwave Oven (Built-In over refrigerator)
• Windows intact all around and functioning w/screens
• Central Forced-Air Gas Furnace
• Rooftop AC unit (needs service)
• Rooftop TV Antenna (fold-down)
• Swivel TV Platform
• Fantastic Exhaust Fans 
• NEWER Roof Vent/Skylight
• Heavy-Duty Marine Battery
• Electrical Pigtail for towing
• Electric Hitch Jack
• LP Tanks - XL (2) Aluminum
• Tires  w/Spare (adequate tread, but older)
• Screen door (removed, needs hinge repaired to be replaced)
• Large Food Storage Cabinets
• Exterior Lighting and Outlet
• Retractable Step
• Original Owners Manuals
History/Disclaimer: This Vintage 1977 28ft Avion LeGrande Travel Trailer has been amazingly well preserved in its original condition. It has been used exclusively on our mountain property in Colorado for the past 10 years, so it has seen no road time during that period. Wheel bearings were repacked last time it was moved but should probably be repacked and tires inspected/evaluated before being towed any distance. We've kept it smoke-free. The exterior aluminum skin is in very good shape with only a few superficial dents or dings. There are no roof leaks. All the exterior electrical lighting functions properly, as well as the brakes and it tows and tracks great. Floor covering has been updated and is solid and attractive (like "Pergo"). Curtains and drapes are original and need some TLC or upgrade/refurbishing. Hardwood birch cabinetry and trim is in wonderful original condition. All systems in working order excluding any service or repair mentioned here within. All 12-v lighting and it all functions well. The original main awning has been removed and has not been replaced. Rear window awning is original and in good functioning condition. The original rooftop air conditioning unit stopped functioning several years ago, so will need a servicing, at least. The forced air heating should also be serviced but has been functioning. Fridge and freezer are very good/cold. The city water/electric pump and holding tank system has not been used recently and may require service, but was functioning when we originally bought it. The new owners can expect a pleasant and professional purchase experience. Non-refundable $500 earnest money due within 2-days of sale may be paid via PayPal. Balance MUST BE PAID FOR IN CASH on delivery FOB Livermore, Colorado. Any shipping arrangements must be made and paid for by buyer after full payment is made. No storage is available after sale.
Qualified buyers are strongly encouraged to view and personally inspect the vehicle by appointment which can be arranged by contacting Rich at (two-three-nine) 961-3396. NO OWNER FINANCING AVAILABLE. Please feel free to call with any specific questions. Cell service is spotty where we're located, so please leave a message if we can't answer right away. We'll call you back as soon as we can get voice service. You may also text us, which always seems to come through. (239-9six1-339six)
Please be sure to view the photo compilation of this great vintage AVION Travel Trailer! MORE PHOTOS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST!
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: