Title: 1977 Airstream Tradewind 25 - North Carolina
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.
Fully restored 1977 Airstream Trade-wind 25'. This camper has been stripped down to the frame and meticulously restored, the project was completed in May 2014.
The restoration details are as follows:
- Interior completely gutted
- Frame stripped and re-coated with POR-15
- New Polyurethane infused 3/4" sub flooring (Leaks are no longer an issue!)
- Interior panels removed and rigid foam insulation installed
- Original plumbing completely replaced with PEX
- New Atwood 6 gallon hot water heater
- New Coleman roof mounted 15,000 btu A/C unit with heat strips
- New Shurflo 3 GPM water pump
- New battery box and face frame
- New deep cycle marine battery
- New Inteli-Power charger/converter
- New 4,500 lb electric tongue jack
- Gas furnace completely refurbished
- Gas stove/oven completely refurbished
- New light fixtures
- New Kenwood Bluetooth AM/FM/XM/CD player with remote control
- New Polk Audio speakers (4)
- New Dometic Americana 2 way refrigerator
- New Reese weight distributing hitch with anti-sway bar
- New "Nature's Head" composting toilet
- Shower pan refurbished with new epoxy coating, shower walls replaced with fiberglass panels
- New cork flooring throughout
- Custom cabinetry and countertops
- Custom upholstery
- Interior completely re-painted
- New brushed nickel plumbing fixtures
- Axles replaced by previous owner (less than 5 years old) equipped with electric brakes
- Tires are in excellent condition (less than 1 year old) 10K miles
- New Zip-Dee awnings, street side, curb side and rear
- Tinted windows
- Exterior re-caulked with Polyurethane caulking
- Recently polished exterior, the pictures don't do it justice
I am a Licensed General Contractor/Craftsman. I have restored cars, motorcycles, boats, renovated homes, constructed custom homes and have been involved in the construction industry for almost 30 years. This project was so enjoyable that I am planning to restore another Airstream as time (and a suitable camper) becomes available.
My family and I used this camper on an eight week (10,000 mile) cross country trip over the summer. It performed flawlessly and we had a wonderful time. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we are planning another (longer) trip for next year and have decided to get a larger camper.
Additional pictures and restoration details available at:
Thanks for looking!
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: