Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Jackson , Mississippi
1977 Airstream Argosy 24 24 - Mississippi

Title: 1977 Airstream Argosy 24 24 - Mississippi
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

This 24' 1977 Argosy Motorhome needs a new owner who can finish the restoration I started. I am moving out of the country and don't have the time to finish this nor can I take it with me.

I purchased this motorhome from the original owner in 2013. Unfortunately it had been sitting for quite some time and had a pretty good rodent infestation that required a complete gutting. Prior to getting started with the interior renovation I had a mechanic replace the carb, drain the fuel tank, replace worn hoses and belts, install new tires, and generally tune up the engine. I then drove it from Tuscaloosa, AL to Jackson, MS without any problems other than noise - both mufflers need to be replaced because they are rusted out. I never had this done because I planned a more elaborate exhaust system upgrade down the road. The RV runs now, but has a sticky lifter rod and a transmission fluid leak. Approximately 80,000 miles.

Like I said, the unit has been gutted. I retained all the parts that were salvageable. I have replaced all the rubber window seals, installed a new vent-fan, and got the generator working. The A/C unit works, but does not get very cold. I have a new unit ready to be installed that I will include.

I have over $9,000 invested in this project and I really hate to abandon it. That said, I will take $5,000 for it.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...4-mississippi/
Charlee is offline   Reply With Quote