Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Muncie , Indiana
1977 26' Argosy Trailer Ready for Remodel!

Title:
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Feel free to check out more photos here:

http://jrophotos.pixieset.com/airstreamargosy/

Some Facts:
• 26 ft on the interior, but considered a 30 ft Argosy. 7'6" tall, 6'6" wide - 1977. These are rare. Airstream only made them for a couple years in the 70s and they are known for their big, picturesque windows, which is what we love about it!

• Depending on how it's configured you could sleep 4-8, all just depends on your design, but the sky's the limit when you're starting with a clean slate.

• It will need a salvage title as the guy I got it from did not have the title. I did some research initially and it looked do-able through your local county office, but you'd want to check into this. Obviously if you weren't planning on getting it back on the road, like using it for a studio/etc you wouldn't need this.

• Windows are all intact but trim around them will need some work.

• Will need new flooring

• Will need some new undercarriage aluminum in the rear

• Comes with the original fridge which we don't presume works and a much newer travel trailer fridge (works on propane and electric). We paid $650 for this alone and it's in great shape, looks new.

• We have gutted the vast majority of it as the interior was in really rough shape. We were aiming for a modern take not a vintage restore. See hofarc.com for the inspiration.

• Additional info for those who have asked:

No accidents; No evidence of structural rust anywhere that I am aware of. No holes punched in the body. It does need 2 access panels repaired/replaced. I am unaware of any damage to the frame. The floor is still on it and as such I haven't looked at the frame from above. Underneath the aluminum skin is mostly intact except for the rear of the Argosy. The interior aluminum skins are intact. There is a small leak somewhere in the roof around the door area. It should be easily fixable with some of the aluminum friendly caulk.

Bathroom hasn't been gutted. Water tank is still present. Original fridge and new replacement fridge are still present. We did not keep any of the other interior pieces as we had planned on replacing them.

To answer questions about the aluminum on the underside, you will have 2 options: you can try to straighten, repair and patch what's there or purchase a new sheet of aluminum and rivet it to the bottom.

Share this with dream seekers and awakeners who might be interested. Contact Mark at 765-760-9779 or markeyro@gmail.com
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...y-for-remodel/
Markeyro is offline   Reply With Quote