Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Dallas , Texas
1976 Airstream Argosy 26 - Texas

Title: 1976 Airstream Argosy 26 - Texas
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

I have a complete 1976 Argosy Airstream 26ft, with clean title & original manual. This trailer is nearly completely original down to the fabric on the sofa. This is an AWESOME VINTAGE FIND for the right person!!! I specifically was looking for this make and model when I purchased. They don't make 'em like this anymore folks! It would be perfect for full-timing due to the quality of build and layout. We are the 2nd owners and the previous owners used it up until a year or so before sale. It is a rear bath, front lounge, mid bedroom layout. The sofa in the front as well as in the bedroom fold out to make the typical 3/4 size RV bed. Front lounge has overhead storage and radio connection, and fold out dining table. The kitchen has the original Dometic fridge and Magic Chef stove/oven, with double sink, and pantry closet with shelving. The bedroom has a full hanging closet and drawers. There are 2 vents with mosquito netting in place & vent fan working in bathroom. All the windows except 1 or 2 still have mosquito netting. The rear window was previously replaced with plex, but it's not clouded and it's hard to tell the difference. This window also needs the mosquito netting repaired and I have the frame. The bathroom has tub, shower, sink, and toilet. All interior and exterior lights work and all light bulbs have been replaced. The carpet has been pulled and the floor is ready for new flooring to be installed. There is only 1 small soggy spot in the front near the front door that will take less than 1/4 sheet of plywood to replace. The original curtains and curtain tracks have been removed as they were sun-aged. 2 full sized, old double wall propane tanks included, I'm pretty sure they're empty. There are sway bars as well. Some of the peeling wallpaper has been pulled and the closet doors have been removed in preparation of renovation (but are still in the unit). The roof A/C works, and has been thoroughly cleaned, at least 3 times, but needs a coolant charge. The roof does not leak. There is a tv antenna on the roof. It still has the original Univolt electrical system. It does not have a battery. It has been cleaned multiple times since we purchased. The original awning has barely been used and has been recently washed, it looks like new. Plumbing pipes have been replaced by pex. We have not tested the water or gas, but I would venture to say that they work judging be how original everything is, and the previous owners said they did work last they used it. The underbelly pan is complete and intact save 1 corner that has been peeled a few inches, but this can be peeled back and tacked. I looked for this specific model for yearsssss.This was to be my BABY and fun project between my S.O. and I but I am currently having some health problems and the priorities between him and myself have also changed, and I am unable to do all of the necessary updates myself, so I am reluctantly and sadly selling. It is currently in storage. You can bring a battery and test whatever you need to onsite but it may be difficult to test the water/shore power as there are no hook-ups where it is located. We also purchased a new adaptor for shore plug and all the lights, fan, A/C run on shore power. We installed a new 7-pin connector for towing. The tires still have a lot of tread on them. The trailer brakes work very well. All exterior, brake and signal lights work, so she is ready to be towed. I have the clear title in my name, in hand. I am open to a trades of a mechanically sound bus or possibly a van, truck, SUV with towing capability. As I said, I am working on healing now, so please, only serious inquiries, I will get back to you when I can. What's written above is all that I know about the trailer. I prefer text message. You can message me with offers or trades. Thank you.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...gosy-26-texas/
HopelessNewB is offline   Reply With Quote