Title: 1976 Airstream Argosy 26 - Oregon
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.
Betty, the White Airstream Argosy is looking for a new home. . .
Here are her vitals:
- She's 26', and sleeps 4 comfortably with 2 twins mid-vessel, and a double futon up front
- She boasts a full bathroom with sink, toilet, bathtub and shower
- She's 39 years young, a classic 1976
- It's not polite to ask a lady her weight - but this is Betty White, so anything goes. She's about 4500 lbs dry, which is much lighter than original
- Tires and axel are solid
- New plumbing and electric throughout, most lights are LED
We got this vintage golden girl a year ago, and brought her into current times with a very modern look. Clean lines, a mixture of warm wood and stainless steel she's beautiful and extremely functional for a small space, you will have all the comforts of home. Almost everything you see pictured comes with the trailer. (Except for the guitar and the dog. They stay with me.) There's still plenty of camping time left this season - you'll be ready to roll! And she has a space heater to stay toasty in the winter months.
Here's what we've done so far:
- First, and foremost - we installed a working, lighted, spinning disco ball. Boom. [Mic drop]
- Removed the 70's throughout
- New kitchen, including the kitchen sink! (aaand the faucet, stove, fridge/freezer, cabinets, countertops, tile backsplash, stainless rails/hanging bin, plank walls)
- Custom built bed frames for the twin beds mid-vessel
- Custom curtains, with black-out material (I'm not talking tequila here, folks. . .just the stuff that doesn't let the light in)
- New interior primer and paint
- Custom tiled shower and sink backsplash in bathroom
- Added privacy tint to the (very large) bathroom window. You're welcome. And to your future camping neighbors - Sorry, no peep show for you.
- Custom linens and pillows throughout
- New water pump
- New memory foam mattress toppers on the twins
- Added breezy "train compartment" curtains to give the people in the twin beds their own space
- New full size, 8" deep spring futon mattress with custom cover
- Installed new 27" LED TV/DVD combo on those go-go-gadget extending mounts
- New vinyl plank flooring, with new sub-flooring
While she is AWESOME to stay in now (you'll make a lot of new friends in the campgrounds), you could take it a step further to turn her into an ultra-luxurious cabin. Plus, you'd get to take all the credit for finishing her - nice! Why are we not keeping her? Because we love to remodel these dolls, and I already have my eye on our next project that I want to work on over the winter. But she has been asking about YOU - and wanted me to be sure to mention that you could rent her out on AirBnB, or as a tiny home for rental income, or have an extra guest room on your property...she's willing to work hard for her money!
Here's what still needs a little lovin': (We'll do it, but the price goes up. . .)
- She'd be head-turning, drop-dead GORGEOUS with an exterior paint job - I was thinking a garnet red...
- The new vinyl plank flooring broke my heart.... It contracted and expanded with the weather, so there are some gaps. But, since it's a "floating floor" it would be easy to pull up and lay something else - or, I find that an area rug solves this problem quite nicely.
- The awning needs new fabric
- The air conditioner works (so far as I know - we have turned it on from the electrical panel), but the previous owners tossed the interior cover/panel. These are available on vintage trailer supply sites, Craigslist, and eBay
- The hot water heater needs to be repaired - or, what the heck - just replace it and get the warranty
This is a rare opportunity to get a piece of Americana for a reasonable price, and put your finishing touches to make Betty the gal of your dreams!
She appraised at $25,900, just lowered her to "fire sale" price so we can buy a few more for our winter projects!
Clean title in hand. Will entertain reasonable offers, as we have our sights set on our next project....
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: