Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
76 Silver Argosy

1975 26' Argosy 26
Fallbrook , Southern California
Send a message via Yahoo to abridges01
1975 Airstream Argosy 26 - California

Title: 1975 Airstream Argosy 26 - California
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

PRICE REDUCED

LAST WEEK, SHE GETS SCRAPPED AFTER THIS WEEKEND, LAST CHANCE TO OWN A TRUE PIECE OF CLASSIC AMERICANA FOR A SONG!

Please don't call unless you are serious about taking on an almost complete restoration project, please no no more time wasters looking to drive her off the lot, she needs some TLC before she's ready to drive away.

Engine failed on the second family outing, and I have run out of time for this very lengthy repair//restoration. Now moving home forces reluctant sale of Ethyl, our beloved Airstream motor home!

Repairs made since original failure:
1. Re-manufactured Chevrolet 454 engine installed with new engine mounts.
2. New carburetor, electric fuel pump, and pressure regulator fitted.
3. Transmission professionally rebuilt.
4. Brake master cylinder professionally overhauled and new front calipers fitted.
5. Power steering rebuilt.
6. Radiator and transmission cooler professionally re-cored.
6. Electrics rewired where needed.

And much much more, too much to list here. Ethyl is nearly ready to run - BUT NOT ROADWORTHY (so so, you cannot drive her home!) as front end chassis needs to be welded (2 x 4" welds only) and trim and lights put back on (I have all the parts) - but I have just run out of time (and the wife has run out of patience!). The vehicle has been stripped of the cream Argosy paint and clear coated except roof. Mileage shows just over 50,000, but documentation, including a fairly complete log of the full history, suggests this is probably the second time around the clock! Generator (Onan 4KW) ran but did not generate power) and I only have the engine battery but not one for the chassis electrics. She is shabby, having sat for 5+ years, but close to complete and just in need of some TLC and time.

This is a great project for a mechanically minded Airstream fan (like myself) with more time, love, patience than money! Please note, Ethyl is not drivable as the chassis front needs to be welded and fender, trim, lights and other parts refitted (I have all parts), plus I have had no opportunity to road test, but she does run and is movable. BUYER WILL NEED TO TRAILER OR TOW HER TO HER NEW HOME.

Call 858-395-8618 for more information. please help me find a good home for this wonderful vehicle, else I will be forced to donate to an unworthy charity. I have a binder full or receipts detailing pretty much the complete history of this unique Airstream RV.

Andrew
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...26-california/
abridges01 is offline   Reply With Quote