Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #1

1975 Argosy 24
Bowling Green , Ohio
1975 Airstream Argosy 24 - Ohio

Title: 1975 Airstream Argosy 24 - Ohio
We just listed our 1975 Airstream Argosy for Sale on Airstream Classifieds.

Year: 1975 Make: Airstream Model: Argosy Length: 24'

1975 24ft Airstream Argosy • • • For sale is my beautiful 1975 24ft Airstream Argosy travel trailer. The Argosy models are quite rare, only having been manufactured for a few years. The most noticeable difference between the Argosy and other Airstream models is its painted white exterior as opposed to the silver aluminum exteriors that they usually possess. The Argosy models also contain lighter components inside which make for easier towing. • • • The trailer lets in a lot of daylight, especially with the front wrap windows. One of my favorite aspects of the trailer is the wood laminate floors, which a previous owner had updated. It is also surprising how much you can fit into the trailer given that it is only 24ft – all of those cabinets allow for a very large amount of storage space. • • • Having purchased the Argosy in July 2013, I am the third [non-smoking] owner of this trailer, with the previous two owners taking great care of it. The first owners had it for over 30 years and lived in Arizona – so it has not seen too much rain over its lifetime. They also updated the front end by installing a new couch/pull-out bed, along with adding an approx. 30-40 gallon fresh water holding tank that is housed underneath it. • • • I have plans to build a “tiny home” within the next few years :) – which is the only reason I have decided to sell the trailer. It has made for a great backyard getaway and workspace, although I have not had the pleasure of taking it out for any trips this past year due to not currently owning my own towing vehicle. However, for the purchase I had it pulled from Vicksburg, Michigan to Luckey, OH to Maumee, OH with no problems. The tires are still in good condition and should not have to be replaced anytime soon unless doing an extensive amount of traveling (there is also a brand new spare included). • • • Listed below are more details about the trailer as it was stated at the time of my purchase last summer: • The kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, shower & water heater have been upgraded and all are in working order. The water pump is also newer. • The propane stove works fine but the oven has not been tested out for a while. I am sure if the range works the oven should work as well. • With the added pull-out bed, the trailer can sleep 4 people if the twin bed areas are also utilized. (I only have one mattress in at the moment – you would likely want to purchase two new mattresses for the twin bed areas for more comfort though.) • As mentioned, the floors have been updated to wood laminate for easy cleaning. • The AC roof mounted system blows cold air and the furnace is toasty, although the outside shroud got cracked and should be replaced. • The refrigerator was replaced with a larger electric model. • All of the glass is in overall good condition. All of the windows are operational with screens intact, but the main front window can be stubborn and needs to be opened from the outside. • The ceiling is in good condition & there are two roof vents. One is an upgrade with a working fan set up in the kitchen area. • The electrical system has a 30 amp plug. There are also cable and antenna inputs for a TV if so desired. It also contains a new CD/MP3 player and speakers. • The original light fixtures are included and all are operational. • There has been a glitch that is preventing the running lights/turn signals from coming on. I am not sure the reason for this but hopefully it just needs a new connecting cable. • There is a pull out table at the front end of the trailer near the couch. • Again, there is a fresh water holding tank under the couch, which is approx. 30-40 gallons. • This model year has both gray and black water holding tanks. • The trailer comes with leveler stands, two propane tanks, an original emergency pull away axle brake, and an electric brake system for added safety. • Overall, the exterior body/paint is in good condition, except for an area of paint chipping on the top back left side & a few smaller body paint chips. There are also some small dents with a couple of hand-size indentations around the lower section. If fixed, the camper would dramatically increase in value. • Hitch weight is 560 lbs; total dry weight is 3610 lbs • Comes with a copy of the owner's manual • • • Just to add, these photographs were taken with a wide angle lens to effectively show how the space is laid out, so the photographs make it seem bigger than it really is. I am comfortable in the space, but I am a very small person, so I would say this trailer size would be good for just a couple or a small family to take on vacation. Also, this post is of course for the Airstream itself, not my possessions inside – a lot of the fun of course is in customizing it anyways :) • • • Please email me with any further questions – thank you! • • • Bianca
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...rgosy-24-ohio/
aaronjp is offline   Reply With Quote