Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #1

Austin , Texas
1974 Airstream Argosy 20 20 - Georgia

Title: 1974 Airstream Argosy 20 20 - Georgia
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

For Sale:

20ft 1974 Airstream Argosy Motorhome

One of a kind motorhome for sale. This Argosy has had extensive work done to the exterior by the previous owner who was an automotive sculptor. The interior has also been reconfigured so as to have more livable space. This camper is extremely rare even without all the mods. I’ve personally never seen one operating in all my travels across the U.S. It’s a real head turner.

The Good:

Brand new Jasper 454 motor. I’ve only put 5100 miles on the camper since installing the new motor. Has a 3yrs 100,000 mile warranty. Been 5 months since the motor was installed.

New drive shaft and complete front suspension restoration

New Halogen headlights

New driver’s side windshield

We had a winterization kit made for the camper so that it’s easy to protect the pipes from bursting come winter time

Radiator and associated components replaced during motor install.

Large bed/seat in the rear

Hot water heater works great

25 Gallon auxiliary tank

Customized trunk on the rear for extra storage

2 Honda EU2000 generators that when paired put out 4000watts of power

Living space AC blows ice cold

Sink and stove work great

Shower is great

The dashboard is pretty amazing looking

Tons of power

Breaks are good

Has heating and AC in the driver/passenger area.

The Kind-of-Good:

The refrigerator works. sometimes. most times actually. and if you’re plugged into shore power it works like it should. but when you travel, for some reason, it seems inclined not want to stay on.

The propane heater doesn’t work. for us, it hasn’t been a problem even though we spent last winter in new york city and it was miserably cold outside. we just ran a space heater. the propane heater uses up too much propane and the heat makes the area extremely dry. this is a recent occurrence. it seems the pilot light goes out as soon as you start the fan. it’s like the pilot doesn’t heat the coil up enough to keep from extinguishing when the fan cuts on.

The toilet has a small leak. We know what the issue is. Not a big repair. We just haven’t had time to get to it. and we just use the shower head to flush if and when we use the toilet.

The Bad:

It’s going to need new tires real soon. We’ve replaced the tires on the pax side rear. But it needs new tires all around.

It has a few leaks. Airstreams leak. It’s a fact I’ve learned to live with. I’ve had the main bad leak “fixed” as in, a pro came and sealed the seam that was leaking, and the seal held up for about a week and now it leaks again. Not as bad as before but bad enough to be annoying.

Probably could use a new paint job.

We tore the carpet out of the interior living space and now it’s just wood. So, you’ll need to put carpets in. The original carpets were pretty awful.

The pipes to the outdoor shower burst last winter. I’ve sealed them off and they are not a problem. But if you want an outdoor shower to rinse off after being at the beach or to bathe your dogs, you’ll need to install the pipes. Not a big job at all.

The exhaust fan inside the cabin burned out. Need to order a new one from airstream.

Overall, this Airstream is ready to roll. I think it could do with an interior restoration if you’re wanting to “glamp” it out. I had planned on doing that but have decided to restore another vehicle I have instead. Keep in mind, restoring this Argosy isn’t necessary. It’s good to go as is. But if you want to get the interior or exterior back to stock or more in line with your tastes, a restoration will be necessary. It’s completely livable, a head turner and a classic.

The vehicle is sold as is. I’m asking $15k with a not a lot of wiggle room as I have $25k in it since purchasing it in December. For a classic vehicle that is mechanically sound, the price is fair.

Call me with any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them. The RV is located in Atlanta, GA but will soon be in Johnson City, TN.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...20-20-georgia/
studio223 is offline   Reply With Quote