Title: 1973 Airstream Safari 23 - New York
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.
It’s ready to go camping with very little or as the base for a restoration of a very popular size. The twin beds can be made up permanently, it’s divided into three separate compartments by a door & divider – large rear bath, sleeping, kitchen/dining – so it’s ideal for a couple 2+ weeks on the road or in camp. Not every RV can claim this! Front sofa sleeps two. Three sources of heat – great for dry camping. We’ve owned it 16 years and towed it 53,000 miles with 350 V8 Suburbans. 3,800 lbs. empty.
1. Clear title.
2. Mostly original.
3. Plumping just replaced with Pex piping. Water pump replaced recently.
4. New gas regulator.
5. Two new 30 lb. LP tanks in 2015?
6. Tires are recent - $1,250 with a new spare. Goodyear Marathon.
7. New $700 awning – Free standing, custom vintage blue & white with poles & pegs.
8. New air conditioner a few years ago. It also has heat strips in it which are perfect for spring or fall chilly days.
9. $800 perfect reproduction curtains throughout when we first got it. Need dry cleaning.
10. Electric trailer brakes rebuilt. Adjusted recently. Wheel bearings packed.
11. 4 BAL stabilizers installed at first. New hand crank trailer jack.
12. New battery 2015.
13. All lights work.
14. All of the storage bins are there and very handy.
15. $200 in Original Owner’s and Shop Manuals.
1. Dents. Several smaller ones, one large one on the RF quarter. They don’t bother my camping experience or the gas mileage. They bother Her.
2. Clearcoat peeling in spots. Ditto. Strip the clearcoat and polish the aluminum; done on our 1997 and it looks great!
3. Some floor replacement needed.
4. Bathroom fixtures should be refurbished.
5. Some cupboard closings, tandouran?, are missing.
6. Missing two hubcaps.
7. Missing the two Land Yacht emblems.
8. Shower curtain is tattered. Use as a pattern; it’s very efficient!
Extras Included with the full Asking Price:
1. $100 - Spare refrigerator, runs on gas or 110 volt as does the original. I was thinking the original was marginal and would need to be replaced when this came along.
2. $700 vintage awning, new.
3. Original Univolt Phase/Mark IV converter?
4. 16 years of bits & pieces.
5. Four cool looking $100 baby moon hubcaps that I can’t figure how to attach to the wheels. Close but not quite a fit.
6. Class III towing package – massive hitch, level compensating bars and handle, sway bar attachment, all lights work. Show up with a 7-prong light socket, a 2” receiver, and drive away!
7. Original Owner’s & Shop Manuals worth $200.
We’ve purchased a 1997 and the 1973 has to go. If you don’t like the price including all the extras, make an offer.
Ten more photos available. Email or call.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: