Title: 1973 Airstream Argosy 24 - British Columbia
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.
This beautiful coach is 90% completely refitted.
The Argosy trailer is a rare model of Airstream that came painted from the factory.
Essentially they are the same as an Airstream in most other ways. A wonderful difference is the huge panorama front windows.
Completely stripped out and all new cabinetry in solid oak and oak veneer ply. Converted to rear bedroom with full double bed. Mattress is not included. Left side shower / bathroom with slate drained floor. Stainless bowl sink. Cabinet doors and taps not complete. Large dresser with drawers on premium tracks. Large hanging locker. Huge storage under bed.
All new galley cabinetry, finish countertop and doors not complete. New large dinette, with solid oak multi leaf table than converts to full double bed. Finishing touches required.
The dinette table can reduce to allow eating for two and leave the balance of the dinette seats as couches, or expand to seat 6, or remove altogether for facing couches and the table can be used outside, 4 screw in legs required.
- Coach bodywork done and new paint, rolled on but nice, spring 2014
- New outside locker under rear bed provides huge storage.
- New side locker under bed for generator.
- New axles, brakes Spring 2014
- New wheels and tires, Summer 2013
- New tanks, fresh, grey, and black, 50 gallons each Spring 2014.
- All new pressure plumbing in PEX
- All new drain plumbing including dump valves.
- New outside shower, spring 2014
- New underfloor foam insulation 80% complete
- New Suburban, top of the line hot water heater with gas and electric, with electronic control and heat exchanger. Spring 2015, minor cosmetic paintwork required from changed opening size.
- New hot water infloor heating, spring 2015
- New quality laminate flooring, spring 2015
- New elongated residential toilet, fall 2014
- New solar panels 288 watts, bonded flat to roof,
- 4 new 6 volt deep cycle batteries Winter 2014
- New Blue Sky MPPT solar charge controller
- New weight distribution hitch Fall 2013
- Massive Freedom 35 charger/inverter with new remote.
- Original gas / 110 fridge works well
- Original gas stove works well
Hardship forces reluctant sale.
This coach has very little left to do to make it an exceptional machine, priced to sell quickly
Under the right conditions I may be interested in doing the remaining work,.
The coach is completely functional and usable as is, but the cabinetry is incomplete needing doors and some drawers, trim and odds and ends. Sale includes most of the solid oak and veneer plywood required.
All the screens are out.
The belly pan was removed and the banana wrap will need some tidying.
The original plywood floor is in excellent shape
The frame is in excellent shape.
The coach is in Victoria BC Canada.
You can read about most of the work done on my travel blog at,..
The coach is in storage and I'll get some interior photos shortly.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: