Old 05-15-2015, 10:45 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Saint David , Arizona
1972 Airstream Globetrotter 21 - Arizona

Title: 1972 Airstream Globetrotter 21 - Arizona
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Please call 520-404-1975 for information and to set up a time to see the trailer.
Absolutely stunning Vintage 21' Airstream Globetrotter that has been beautifully restored, upgraded and up-dated and polished offered for sale. This little beauty draws a crowd everywhere she goes, gets constant thumbs-up driving down the road and everyone wants to see inside and take pictures. If you don't like attention- this is NOT the trailer for you. It's just over 21' long, weighs approx 3380 lbs and has an approximate hitch/tongue weight of 420 lbs. (these are factory specs, and may be slightly different post-restoration). It has been up-dated and restored to make it beautiful and comfortable, and some great modern amenities have been added, but it still has enough of its originality to keep that classic character and charm. I have seen a lot of "restored" Airstreams, this one was done better than most I've seen- if you have the ability to come and see this trailer in person, you should- it's worth the trip, and please go look at some other "restored" trailers first, that will give you some comparisons and you'll know just how nice this one is. The time and effort that it took to make this little coach what it is today can only truly be appreciated if you've gone through one yourself (I've been in the process of restoring my 57' Bubble now for over a year, it's definitely a labor of love) and if I said that this trailer's owner was meticulous about his interior, wiring, and plumbing restoration- it would be an understatement. If I could hire him to do my 57' I would in a heart-beat. It can sleep 4 adults in the two fold-out sofa/beds. I'll try to list as much as I can here, but I'm sure there are things that I'll forget. This trailer is ready to hit the road and go camping and Caravanning in style.

Upgraded "Henschen Dura-Flex" maintenance-free rubber torsion axle with electric brakes, shocks, 15" wheels with chrome "Baby Moons" and "Michelin" HD tires, COLD "Penguin Duo-Therm" AC, Electric Hitch Jack, Dual electrical system (12-V DC and 120-V AC) with "WFCO Ultra III" converter/power center, "Thetford" fresh-water flush toilet, "Carefree" awning, LP gas and electrical systems have been updated and function perfectly, as does the plumbing, ducted (forced air) "Suburban" furnace, vents, windows, etc are excellent and function properly, windows have new seals. New "Atwood" 6 gallon water heater. Up-dated "Norcold" (3-Way) AC/DC/LP fridge/freezer, "Atwood" Wedgewood Vision 2-burner cook-top, SS "Emerson" microwave, SS kitchen sink. Up-dated SS bathroom sink, aluminum shower pan/surround, faucet, etc. The towing and running lights have been up-dated (most LED) and also includes a modern 7-way round electrical plug. Comes with most of the owners manuals and books for new appliances, AC, etc. Beautiful custom counter-top and folding table, new cushions and upholstery. Aluminum under-belly is in great shape also, can send pics if you'd like, been predominately a dry climate trailer, but the sub-floor was replaced during the restoration, along with the insulation and new laminate flooring. The total length of the trailer is 21' and Airstream measures from the tip of the hitch to the back of the bumper, the box is actually just under 18'. There is a black/grey water combo storage tank, and city water/hose hook-up now, but no fresh water tank because the owner was going to use it mostly for an office/guest space. Any RV service center can add a fresh tank for you if you plan on "dry camping", it's an easy addition if you need it. I could spend hours typing every little detail about this trailer, but the pictures describe it better than I can. A LOT of time and money has been spent on this trailer, I've only listed some of the larger things- there is much more, and she has been loved and well cared for throughout her life, she just needs a new home with someone who has the time to take her out and enjoy/appreciate her. This is a very special trailer and deserves a great new home. 520-404-1975
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:
Heather Ande is offline   Reply With Quote