Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2015, 11:05 AM   #1

Sikeston , Missouri
1970 Airstream Overlander 27 - Missouri

Title: 1970 Airstream Overlander 27 - Missouri
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Ready to be hooked up and driven anywhere in the world. This Airstream is in excellent condition and needs absolutely nothing. I completely gutted this and took it down to the frame and built it back up from there. I built it back with both boondocking, as well as National Parks in mind. National Parks tend to have limited hookups. It performed flawlessly in both places. It also works perfectly with full hookups. There is a small area in the back left corner that has been dented, but it isn't major. I've included a picture. Here is a list of things that I did to this trailer:

Replaced Subfloor and installed a floating cork floor over new subfloor
Axles were replaced with new Axis axles, as well as self adjusting brakes. Wheel bearings have been recently packed and the running gear is in tip top shape.
Goodyear Marathon tires with less than 4,000 miles on them, as well as a new under trailer mount spare tire carrier and tire.
Frame was coated with POR-15
Reese Dual Cam Anti-Sway system with 600lbs bars
New Tanks. Both OEM black tank and water tank installed with See-Level Sensors
New Two 40lbs Worthington Aluminum Tanks with gauges
New Upholstery and Drapes
New maple cabinets. We used the orignal cabinets as a template and built the new maple cabinets to those specs.
New countertops
New Two Fantastic Fans with Rain Sensors
New Dometic Fridge Propane/110v
New Carrier High Capacity 15,000btu AC with Heat Strip
New Suburban Propane Furnace
New Platinum Cat Catalytic heater (completly vented)
3 100 watt AM Solar Panels with AM Solar controller
4 Lifeline GPL-6CT AGM Batteries (600 amp hours of battery power)
Fluorescent and LED lights throughout
Trimetric Battery Controller
Samlex 1500 watt Inverter
Propane Light Fixture
Several Windows were replaced with New OEM windows
60 quart Engel 12v/110v Fridge/freezer
New Atwood Gas Range
New Atwood 10 gallon water heater
Flat screen Vizio LED TV with wall mounts (22")
New CD player with Ipod connnection and new speakers throughout
Also the clear coat coat has been stripped. It's ready to be polished. I have all of the supplies and the cyclo tool to buff the polish. The supplies include all the polish, bonnets, pads, cloth, and pad cleaners. All of those things are included

It has 3 new Zip Dee Awnings

It has been kept in enclosed shed with heat since I've had it.
It was Sealtest leak tested and all leaks were sealed completely

I've never winterized it because it was stored in a heated shop, but it does have the winterizing kit with water heater bypass plumbed in. That way you can winterize it if you like.
Sealand Porcelain Toilet
LED Tail Lights and Reverse Lights
New Atwood Tongue Jack
New Propane Regulator and lines, shutoffs etc.

There are a ton more extras included. That list is just largest part of what I did. I restored this trailer from 2010-2013. We used it to go to Yellowstone and it performed flawlessly. We made that trip and few others, about 4000 miles total on the trailer since the gut and restore. You can camp with or without hookups. The solar panels really work perfectly. If you have any questions, please ask and I will get back to you in a timely fashion
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...r-27-missouri/
Pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote