Old 07-24-2016, 11:00 AM   #1
1969 31' Sovereign
Hillsborough , North Carolina
1969 Airstream Sovereign 31 - North Carolina

Title: 1969 Airstream Sovereign 31 - North Carolina
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

The thing about this trailer is that even though I did a lot of remodeling it is easy to change it up and do whatever you want to it. You can continue where I left off or do a full interior remodel since everything is quite easy to remove. You could make it into a guest house or a food trailer. Whatever. I just have no use for it anymore, no property to put it on, and honestly I'm out of energy.

I know every bolt in this trailer. I have removed the entire floor and replaced it with new wood.

- New floor. Painted with durable dark gray deck paint. The whole shell was lifted in order to do this (shell-off).

- frame was reinforced by a professional welder. There were some (barely) compromised spots because of rust but they were repaired. Honestly, the spots weren't all that bad but I wanted it to not be a problem in the future. Frame was also treated with a rust converter so any spots that may have shown rust no longer do and the whole frame was painted to keep any future rust from occurring.

- All old insulation was removed and replaced with NEW insulation as well as under the subfloor.

- Original drain system was removed and new and different system was installed. It runs from the kitchen sink, to the shower area drain, and the area where there would be a bathroom sink there's a drain coming to the shower drain from the other direction. This is also installed in a way that can be removed and refitted differently if you want to. I didn't put it in the walls.

- Old bathroom torn out. Frame of new bathroom installed. Never got around to finishing/tiling.

- New 120v wiring. Breaker boxes included but not connected.

- Working solar 12v system (see details below)

- New Tires

- New Propane Heater

- All window glass is good minus one oval window which is plexiglass but getting new glass cut if you want to should be easy and cheap since it is small and flat.

- 2X Aluminum 30# propane tanks with good triangle-knob valves (tanks need new certification since they are over 12 years old but are in good shape AND aluminum so I don't see why they wouldn't pass). You can use any 20# tank, 40# (which is what we've been using) or 100#, they are not specific to airstreams/campers. OBviously the 100# you would sit on the ground and not put on the frame unless you retrofitted it to accommodate the height.

- New propane lines. Currently only used to power the heater, stove, and fridge. I extended the line and capped it off toward the back in the event a tankless water heater was installed.

- Nice three burner propane stove top (Wedgewood Vision).

- We used some of the old cabinets but rearranged them a bit. They are painted white.

- Couch and bed wood parts are painted white. Both convert to beds or couches.

- The countertops were supposed to be temporary. They are white painted plywood with bar resin over the paint. They discolored a little because of the pine tar in the plywood. We were going to replace them with wood IKEA countertops but never got around to it. The plus side is, you can use the current counter tops as a template to perfectly cut holes in your new tops to install the sink and stove top.

- Norcold refrigerator. Works great! Barely used.

- Plumbing lines are all Pex. Currently the pump is only hooked up to the - kitchen sink. We have not put in a bathroom sink but there is room for one next to the toilet if desired. There is also a drain (currently capped off) in that spot in the event a sink needs to be installed. The pump works well and has a dedicated shut off switch for when the water runs out (when there's no water the pump tries to keep running. Either you always keep it full or when it runs out you reach under the panel and hit the switch.

- Couch cushions are reupholstered with a light blue/gray fabric.

- Walls were primed with oil based primer and coated with a latex eggshell finish. White On White is the color.

- Sony Car Stereo (CD player) installed above the couch being powered by the 12V system. Connected to 2, 6x9 Pioneer Car Stereo speakers. The speakers are arranged so they face the couch. Not on each side of the couch like the original arrangement was. Those holes are covered with riveted aluminum panels. An auxiliary jack is installed in the wall next to the couch so you can plug in an ipod or laptop to listen to music that way. This is connected through the wall to the rear of the stereo and is out of site. There are speaker cables running to the desk area (above the driver side wheel well) with holes cut in the wall that will fit small, circular car stereo speakers.

- Comes with ORIGINAL Theo Bargman Door knob! VERY RARE!
I have the key to it but you might have to take it to someone to get that feature to work, I'm sure something's just slipped in there but I'm no locksmith.

- "Screendoor" fully functioning but the plexi is cracked. I was going to replace it but never got around to it. You can cut it yourself with a jigsaw and an appropriate blade. Then it just pop rivets in

- Comes with awning, which is not in great shape, and doesn't have the stabilizer arms that anchor it to the bottom of the camper. We've never used it.

- The closet behind the bed contains the 12V system and should probably ONLY contain this system though you would be able to section it off if you wanted to like a cabinet inside the closet. There is a vent to the outside. I have a small exhaust fan I was going to install to help pull air out but never got around to it.

- Closet opposite power closet was supposed to contain a tankless water heater but never got around to it. There is a vent in there for that reason so you can install one or you can cover the vent.

- Next to that closet is a double door closet. This is where we hung our clothes and put our shoes, etc.

- Next to this is the desk area. I have the desktop which you can install if you want but I never did it. At the floor there is the wheel well I was speaking about above. This is across from the full size bed.

- The full size bed does not include a mattress. We found a futon mattress worked best here. We are not selling the futon mattress.

- I have a box full of window/door seals that I have not installed, so when you're ready to do that it's one less thing to have to figure out. I think it cost well over $100 for these seals.

- I have installed new screen on some of the windows. To complete the rest ( I probably still have some of the materials in the camper) you can get the screen supplies at the hardware store. Cheap and very easy.

VERY expensive for a toilet seat. Clean, with new, unused tube for liquid waste.

- Awesome ceiling fan (fantastic fan) installed above living room. Three speeds and two directions. Original ceiling fan in rear above bedroom.

- Includes with trailer hitch. This hitch has a modification for if you're towing with a taller vehicle like an SUV. Otherwise it is adjustable to the standard heights.

- Includes sway bars and safety chains.

- 4 Trojan True Deep Cycle Golf Cart Batteries: 2 parallel sets of in 2 6V batteries in series connected by 2/0 gauge copper wire.

- Morning Star charge controller.

- Tri metric Battery Monitor.

- 3 solar panels on roof.

Things to note, repairs, or items that are not included:

Brakes are not connected.

1 wheel cover missing.

- Porch light fixture will need to be replaced (are available for around $30)

Fridge vent needs to be relocated above fridge (there already is an intake vent installed behind the fridge).

Some body damage by driver side behind rear wheel.

The original duct work was removed from under the floor.

The original furnace was removed.

The original water heater was removed.

No black or gray water tanks. Sink water was going straight out the rear drain into an external tank.

Some windows are missing an arm here or there or a latch. You can probably pick up some extra parts on camper websites or forum members.

Gap in bathroom wall that needs to be covered up (fiberglass or aluminum or something else creative like vinyl tile sheets). This is where part of the original bathtub cabinets were.

No spare tire.

Area under the water tank (toward the front) is not insulated. This is where the original spare tire went, I haven't had time to rivet a metal panel under it to close it up. I have a roll of insulation that is included that you can use for this purpose. I don't have a metal panel though.

The area under part of the bathroom is also not covered/insulated. Same explanation as the spare tire area above.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:
ASOV is offline   Reply With Quote