Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Raleigh , North Carolina
1969 Airstream Globetrotter 21 - North Carolina

Title: 1969 Airstream Globetrotter 21 - North Carolina
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

For sale or trade, our 1969 vintage Airstream, a 21' GlobeTrotter. It's a single axle trailer. Selling because we are ending our travels and won't use it once we return to work.

This trailer has just completed a tour of the United States. It has many updates and is in great mechanical order. Pulls easily and straight, and it can be pulled with a 1/2 ton truck (We used a Tahoe to pull it all around the US). The trailer is roughly 3,500 lbs based on original manufacturer specs and updates.

There have been many improvements to the trailer, with more than $4,000 spent on custom awning and installation and professional mechanical services in 2016. The Airstream is towable and liveable as-is, and she gets all sorts of compliments and inquiries wherever we go.

The trailer is 47 years old and just completed a trip of thousands of miles, so it does have some old and new dings and dents inside and out, which I address in more detail below.

Improvements to Airstream:
- Custom made awning by ZipDee in 2016. Red Sunbrella fabric. Made and professionally installed 2016
- New brakes, 2016
- Bearings serviced, 2016
- New trailer electrical wiring and lights, 2016
- New house battery and wiring, 2016
- Removed old gas stove and range. Installed new two burner propane stovetop and Breville Smart Convection Oven (electric), 2016
- Custom built folding dinette table, 2016
- Removed old propane heater and built pantry cabinet, 2016
- Replace copper plumbing with PEX, 2014/2015
- Replaced Thetford camp toilet, 2014/2015
- Replaced Dometic air conditioner and heater, 2014/2015
- Replaced hot water heater, 2014/2015
- Replaced Norcold refrigerator/freezer. Dual function propane gas and electric, 2014/2015
- Added rock guard on front windows
- Some soft spots in floor repaired. Replaced vinyl over floors.

Appliances and items to convey with sale of trailer:

- Never used Equalizer hitch, ASIN B004TR8F5C ($500 retail value)
- Whirlpool efficiency microwave, ASIN B005GSZB7I ($150 retail value)
- Breville smart convection oven, ASIN B001L5TVGW ($200 retail value)
- Never used spare trailer tire, purchased 2016 ($120 retail value)
- 30 Amp plug and converter accessories
- House battery
- Sewer utility hose and valve
- Stabilizer jacks
- All documentation

This trailer is usable and liveable as-is. I have towed it and lived in it for thousands of miles, though here are a few issues that could need addressing, if you want:

- On our trip, a rock shattered one of the fixed pane windows on side of trailer. It has a plexiglass, duct tape patch on it. Repair would require purchasing OEM window and riveting it in place.
- There are various dings and dents around the shell, mostly from before my time and mainly on the lower parts.
- Inside some original light fixtures and cabinet pulls are broken. Never looked for parts, just lived without them.
- Front windows are plexiglass. No idea how long they have been there. One leaks in heavy rain.
- The step that folds under entry door is gone, and appears to have been gone for decades. It would require metal work to repair.
- Some soft spots around edge of floor, but not in areas where people walk.

Pictures:
The pictures shown are from February 2016 before some of the updates described above and from our travels during the year. I will have current pictures as soon as I clear our gear out of trailer. If you are interested though, I suggest you come see it.

Title, trade, and transaction details:
- I have clear title
- Cash or certified check. No financing offered.
- Will consider trades of comparable value for center console or walkaround boats (21-26 ft), old bertram or hatteras, trawler (32-36 ft), car, truck, or raw land in NC. Let me know what you have for trade if interested.

Feel free to reach out by email or phone. The phone is a Google Voice number so I can cut down on robocalls. Leave a message and I will return your call.

Other ads: The trailer is also for sale locally on Craigslist. There are more pictures on CL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tro/5882498737.html
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...orth-carolina/
Mwkelley is offline   Reply With Quote