Title: 1969 Airstream Ambassador 29 - Illinois
We just listed our 1969 Airstream Ambassador for Sale on Airstream Classifieds.
Year: 1969 Make: Airstream Model: Ambassador Length: 29'
Up for auction is our 1969 Airstream Ambassador.
This is a VERY RARE Airstream because it is equipped with a full size, operating Jet/Bubble bath tub. This full size tub operates when you are connected to water, sewer and 30 amp service in the campsite. The tub fills with a hot water "ON DEMAND" system that heats using propane, then just fill the tub with hot water, get a glass of wine, and enjoy your personal Spa!
This bathroom was updated in May. The floors are clean and solid. The hot water is great! I can't test the bubble tub because I don't have 30 amp service, but it worked great last September (2013) in Eagle River, Wisconsin. Also, the windows/doors were all updated with new weather stripping.
This trailer is also equipped with a great Air Conditioner, which also has a heat strip installed.
This trailer has been parked indoors for the last 4 years.
This trailer was built so that my wife and I could travel with our 2 boys, and 2 dogs in a style of comfort that we are accustomed to. We have thoroughly enjoyed this trailer, but now it is time for us to down size to a 25 foot trailer since we are now "empty nesters".
This trailer pulls very well with my 2001 Chevy Suburban 1500
(260,000+ miles on it). One thing we did with this trailer is to keep the site lines clear so that when we are towing, we can see through the trailer with our rear view mirror. This is a nice feature considering I like to see who is behind me, and how far away they are.
This trailer includes the following in the interior;
- Dometic air conditioner with Heat Strip installed.
- Custom Hardwood Floors
- Smoke/Gas Detector
- Cellular phone antenna.
- Solid Oak kitchen Cabinets
- Full size Leather Sofa that converts into a full sized bed, and has a full sized drawer for storage. Sized sheets and comforter are included.
- Overhead light with switch.
- A second overhead 3 stage light.
- A roof vent with a fan.
- 2 "bullet" lights for reading.
- The Airstream control panel (which has the switch for the water pump.
- 36" of storage behind a door.
- Pre-wired 3 zone speaker system if you choose to install a stereo (zone 1 living area, zone 2 bathroom, zone 3 outside)
- Large Dometic 3 way refrigerator/freezer. Works with AC or DC or propane. The freezer is cold enough to make ice, even while driving.
- 3 burner propane stove
- Large propane oven, great for making family sized frozen lasagnas.
- Mirowave oven.
- Coffee Maker.
- Butcher block cutting board that custom fits over the stove for additional food prep space.
- Countertop/food prep area, with lights.
- Large double sink, with spray hose, and adjustable lights.
- Ceiling "smoked" skylight.
- 9 compartments in the kitchen for plenty of food/kitchen storage.
- 2 drawers for utensils.
- Fold out dinette with 2 self storing stools, large enough to have 4 people eat a meal on.
- 2 single, extra long beds, with Tempur-Pedic pads. Each bed has its own power outlet. The sheets and comforters are included.
- 4 under bed storage compartments, large enough to place a carry-on suitcase in.
- 4 overhead storage compartments with a total of 14 feet of storage.
- The bathroom has a full size Jacuzzi tub, with endless hot water.
- There are 4 storage compartments in the bathroom.
- There is a large closet in the bathroom with (this is how we configured it but you can change the configuration) 3 large deep shelves and 24" of hanging space for clothes/coats/suits whatever.
- A 3 setting light.
- The tub also has a hand held shower head.
- There is a sink in the bathroom.
- There is a toilet with a modification. Instead of using the pedal on the toilet for water input for flushing, we installed a pressure sprayer for cleaning the toilet for flushing.
- There is a comfortable bench to sit on while dressing.
- There is a 36" wide mirror.
- There is a 2 speed ceiling fan.
- There is a screened vent.
- Five (5) interior rugs.
The following are on the exterior;
- 3500lb power trailer jack, with light.
- 20 gallon waste water Toter.
- 4 Wheel Chocks
- Attachments for weight distribution.
- Attachment plate for anti-sway control.
- Anti-Sway Bar.
- Break-away safety brakes.
- 7 blade round pigtail, wired for stop/turn/running lights, reverse, brakes and accessory power (which runs the fridge from your car).
- Heavy duty safety chains.
- 2 5/16 coupler.
- 2 30lb propane tanks, with fill status meters.
- 4 leveling jacks.
- Exterior light with Blue glass.
- Exterior light over door.
- Power outlet with 2 plugs.
- Potable water tank fill.
- Four (4) wheel chocks.
- Four (4) leveling pads.
- Storage compartment and Jacuzzi tub access.
- Large rear storage compartment.
- Large bumper storage compartment to store your power cords and sewer hoses (included).
- Twenty Five (25) gallon toter.
- Street water hose hook up.
- Exterior, retractable clothes line.
I designed this trailer to maximize our enjoyment as a family for long trips, ie... 24 days at a time. We have trailed this trailer all over the country without a problem. The brakes have approximately 8 thousand miles on them, and the wheels were packed last August. We took this trailer on a 600 mile camp trip last weekend, to an Airstream Rally. It was great!
The floor plan of this trailer has accommodated 8 people for dinner (during a rainstorm) and twelve people for a movie night during a rainstorm.
The trailer has been waxed with NuVite, and the roof was sealed with Vulkem in May 2014.
The belly pan is in good condition. There are patches of "surface rust" on the frame, but there is no structural damage by rust.
This trailer usually spends 2 - 3 months a year in Northern Wisconsin as our "Summer Cottage" where we had external stairs, a deck and a shelter next to it.
This trailer is 45 years old, but is solid, clean and very comfortable.
Only the items listed above are included.
This is a NO RESERVE auction.
A $1,000.00 deposit via PayPal or bank wire transfer is required within 24 hours of auction end, and the balance is to be paid by bank wire transfer or Cashiers Check within 72 hours of auction end.
Delivery can be arranged for $1.75 per mile, one way, from 60093.
This trailer is ready to go, and if you want, you can pay for this immediately and go camping!
This trailer is being sold "AS-IS" with NO guarantees or warrantees implied.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: