Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2016, 07:34 AM   #1
A 7th year newby

1968 24' Tradewind
Indianapolis , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to IndyAnne
1968 Airstream Tradewind 24 - Mississippi

Title: 1968 Airstream Tradewind 24 - Mississippi
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Airstream Trade Wind, 1968, must sell due to health issues and loss of space to store and work on it.
Update: see **new information** I forgot to include earlier. I want to present the trailer in all honesty about its pros and cons.
Note: 1968 was still in the "Wally Byam years" of manufacture. This Trade Wind was built in Jackson Center, OH.
Has been my hobby for several years, but had to stop. I have pulled out most of the interior when replacing the rotten floor in the rear. I replaced the back 4' x 8' section with Nyloboard. I have the original black tank in a new stainless pan I had custom made.
I have MANY original and proper replacement parts.
--Sheet aluminum from Airparts, Inc., including Alclad for exterior skin and heavier grade for belly pan and other repairs
--Air tools: reversible drill and bits; sheet meal shear; rivet gun and rivet sets
--Olympic rivets and bucked rivets
--Front twin gauchos replaced with RV-size queen bed from a later model Excella
--Fantastic Vent
--Intelli-Power 45 amp converter with Charge Wizard for battery
--PEX plumbing system started, have all needed pipes, many fittings
--Several appliances used camping-style, some not installed but working
--Tandem axles, steel wheels, moon hubcaps
--Original Zip Dee awning, fabric needs to be replaced
--Original 10-gallon water heater
--Two 30-gallon propane tanks, one full, one nearly full
--Interior aluminum for cabinets and bulkheads, shaped to interior curves
--Window glass replaced with proper glass from Vintage Trailer Supply, including one pane for the kitchen window that needs to be installed
--Weight distribution system with trunnion bars
--Trailer hitch with correct ball
--Electric brakes, breakaway switch
--Up to date tag and title, title free and clear
I have two big bins with many parts, too many to list here, that will be included in the sale. I also have more parts in storage in another state, can send more when I am able to move everything to my new location.
**I need to point out the tear in the wheel well area of the street side exterior skin. The owner before me forgot to tighten the lugs on one of the wheels. On the interstate, at high speed, the wheel came off and tore through the skin. This is why I have included sheet Alclad aluminum for the skin repair, also Olympic and bucked rivets, air tools, needed to make the repair to the skin.**
I lived in the trailer for a while, like an aluminum tent. I am sad to give up this hobby, but I can't afford to keep it in storage, and I can't work on it where I have stored it. I would rather find someone who wants to take over the project and make this vintage Trade Wind their own.
Please call two two eight five nine six six one nine four, or PM me here or on the AIR Forums (my ID is IndyAnne). I look forward to talking with you. I am motivated to sell, will consider any reasonable offer.
Thank you for your interest. Please give me a call, text, or private message through Air Forums. -- Anne
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...4-mississippi/
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote