Old 11-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
1966 20' Globetrotter
Grand Marais , Minnesota
1967 Airstream Globetrotter 20 - Minnesota

Title: 1967 Airstream Globetrotter 20 - Minnesota
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Fully restored and functional and road ready vintage Airstream in very hard to find 20' size. This is a vintage correct floor off restoration with all new state of the art systems and original woodwork. The owner is a boat builder and restorer and spent many months one winter doing all the work you would never want to do, including: New black water tanks custom made for this year Globetrotter, new head, new fresh water tank, new pumps and all new pex plumbing with multiple drain points. New DC and AC panel with new smart charging system and new deep cycle batteries. New sound system from Crutchfield with Bluetooth telephone capability. New cusions and new period correct apholstery. New sub floors in bathroom and any other areas that showed any rot. New vintage correct tile floor. New aluminum propane tanks with new regulator. New propane water heater. Fridge and stove are original and work perfectly. All woodwork (rare ash instead of dark mahogany)refinished to orignial tone. All new aluminum blinds, new shower curtain, new polyurethane finish on plastic surfaces in bathroom. New faucets in bath. Original folding table from another '67 globetrotter. New external vents ready to be installed. New gaskets on most windows and doors and plenty of material left for future needs. New locking door knob (very hard to find). There is a new everest furnace with new thermostat hat kept us warm down in the the single digits and then some. The axel is in fine shape and the seals and bearing have been replaced. She is ready right now for her next trip across the country.
The color scheme is taken from the album cover of the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's album that was released in the same year. This is a true summer of love collectable treasure. Also included in the sale are two original leg-o-matic chairs from the same period with matching woodwork. Also included in the sale is a vintage correct awning in excellent condition. Also included is a vintage correct and color scheme matching record player that can connect to the modern sound system for your own thumping parties. And last but not least, an unopened copy of the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club band album.
This trailer has been a labor of love of mine and I was able to realize a dream come true by taking her all the way from Minnesota to the Southwest... twice! Included you will see images of those travels. Nearly all materials were purchased from Vintage Trailer Supply and once finished the trailer was featured in their online magazine.
The Trailer is still a work in progress, and I am an honest seller who's only flaw is my pride. I am perfectly happy to discuss what still needs doing and such, and I am only selling because I have a restless nature. I have accomplished what I came to do with this trailer and I am ready for a new adventure. I restore old boats and this trailer was a ton of fun.
The images of the interior were shot in natural light from the new L.E.D. low power light bulbs (great for camping). But they cast the walls and cabinets in a yellow light which they are not. The original Zolatone on the walls is in great condition and is a natural beige/white. The floors are proudly yellow and the cusions are sky blue.
Here is a link to a photo bucket site with over 50 pictures:

Here is a link to a video I just made and placed on youtube:

I can deliver within reason depending on the final price. The Airstream is actually located in Grand Marais MN, 2 hours north of Duluth. For you distantly located shoppers I can secure local indoor storage on your behalf and you can pick her up in the spring if that works best for you. This is a beautiful part of the world to go Airstreamin'! Good luck and cheers. Todd
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:
CaptainTJ is offline   Reply With Quote