Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #1

Vintage Kin Owner
Castle Valley , Utah
1966 Streamline Countess

Title:
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

This rare beauty served me well while building my home, and while I have had plans to restore it to its former glory I realize I have too many plans and this one has to sadly go.

The 26'- 1966 Streamline Countess comes with the original bill of sale, and the original owners manual as well as the manuals for every component in the trailer, from windows to air conditioning. Yes, AC in a 1966 Streamline!

Everything worked as of 5 years ago, including the AC but I cannot guarantee anything. It has a 3 way Dometic refrigerator freezer, an oversize hot water heater, a shower and tub, porcelain toilet, oven and a 4-burner stove.

The body is straight, the coating is oxidized as you can see in the pics, all windows open and close, and I have the front outside window shade (a rare bonus!).

That is the good news. As for the bad, some not to clever person glued linoleum squares to the walls in the bedroom and they are half off in a messy look. Ideally, if you were to restore it you will be replacing the paneling anyway.

I bought this in Central CA and hauled it here in 2004 and used it until 2011. It could use a set of tires if you wanted to road trip with it.

The cost of this unit in 1966 was more than $6,000 at a time when the average cost of a car was $2650, a house $14,200, avg income was $6900, and gas was 32 cents/gallon. Just putting things in perspective for you. This was a luxury mobile home.

This would make a great hunting camp trailer, park trailer, or a restored piece from days gone by.

Serious inquiries only, please.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...line-countess/
Streamer66 is offline   Reply With Quote