Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Mt Holly , NC
1966 Airstream Globetrotter 20 - North Carolina

Title: 1966 Airstream Globetrotter 20 - North Carolina
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Almost 100% Original, got clobbered on the left front when it rolled into a tree. After watching it happen in disbelief, I took some super strong tape and sealed the seams, then placed a tarp over the top to prevent any leaks. Its still dry.

This is a doubles unit. I've had this unit 15 years. I replumbed it several years ago with pex, with numerous shutoff valves. I did not plumb the fresh water tank, but the pump still works, all it needs is a line run to it. The toilet and black water tank function fine. There is no gray water tank on a 66. The floor is solid with the exception of one small spot inside the front door, and a small place under the sink in the rear. All the cabinets are original. The only damage is a crack on the side panel where the accident occured. Univolt works, but needs a new Marine battery.

The bearings were packed withing the last 1000 miles. I can rob 2 wheels and tires off the 66 Overlander I bought to replace it, the unit is towable and the lights work. Has LED lights all around, including the rear lens. I have the originals, but they are very dim compared to the LEDs.

All glass is good, no plexiglass, all Corning glass. The damage is as seen, there are a couple very small kinks in the left side I believe will pull straight when the front is repaired. Damage to the inside is to the panel in the upper front and the front overhead bin. The Dometic Refridge is present but does not work. The stove, heater and water heater were all operable but have not been used this year. It needs updated propane tanks. The sliding pocket door is present and in good condition but needs some adjusting. The floor is the original tile, in good condition, one at the door needs replaced, could be robbed from under the pullout bed opposite the counter. The dining table is present and operable. New shocks put on less than 1000 miles ago. The counters and light fixtures are all in good condition except 1 bullet light on the damaged panel. Has a Coleman AC/Heat unit that was operable, but I believe the bearing is starting to go on the condensor fan, I was going to replace it with a low profile unit.

I did a lot of measuring and research, the front section from a 66-68 unit of any type can be used as a donor for the front section. I have the 66 Overlander here to do comparative measurements. This thing has sentimental value to me, I purchased it for my wife who passed away 7 years ago. I simply have way too many projects that are a lot more important right now. I may be years before I am able to start on it. Whomever repairs it needs to be able to focus on it once the panels are removed to keep it from getting ruined when it is opened to the elements. I kept it under a shed for many years, if I do not sell it soon I will put it back under there and use it for storage I suppose.

I have all these pics on Flicker, it may be higher resolution. MOST OF THESE ARE THE BAD STUFF. If you are interested I will PM you the link that has pics of the things that are not damaged. The price is firm. I'm not sure what its worth, but I know the value of it repaired and you should be able to find a donor front for a couple thousand dollars. I looked at one for $1500 a month or so ago, I almost bought it but it had some previous damage to one of the top panels so I passed.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...th-carolina-3/
specauto1 is offline   Reply With Quote