Old 06-14-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Davis , California
1966 Airstream Caravel 17 - California

Title: 1966 Airstream Caravel 17 - California
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

NEW PRICE! Message me if you are interested in the Caravel Cutie restored by Sierra Vintage Trailer Restoration in 2012. It sat since then in my driveway and been used for naps and reading. But it went splendidly to the Black Rock Desert 10 days last summer and it rides well.
It looks very much as it did in 2012 - I encourage you to check the work at http://www.sierratrailerrestoration.com/Nicole.html where you can see the before and after pix - new plumbing, wires, axle, cabinets, refrigerator, surfaces, floor but maintaining the original look. These photos can answer your questions about what was done. Needs a new door lock (it does latch) and not sure the oven works. But the Cutie is a beauty and stops traffic. There's a rear video and the corresponding unit for the tow vehicle is included.

The vintage Caravel and Bambi are desirable because they are easy-to-tow single axle trailers that will hold a small family - and because they are too cute! The Caravel Cutie turns heads and will allow you to take a shower and cook dinner in the boondocks. I have spent more than $35k in addition to purchase cost on this beauty and $30k is a great price if you are looking for a solid vehicle that is much in demand and ready to roll. The restoration is done and yours to decorate. They aren't making any more.

I have the title and registration in hand. I live near Sacramento CA in Davis. Message me with questions if you are a serious buyer.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-california-3/
nwbiggart is offline   Reply With Quote