Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #1

1964 22' Safari
la , California
1964 Airstream Safari 22 - California

Title: 1964 Airstream Safari 22 - California
We just listed our 1964 Airstream Safari for Sale on Airstream Classifieds.

Year: 1964 Make: Airstream Model: Safari Length: 22'

This Airstream is almost fully restored and currently lives in Venice Beach, Los Angeles, CA.

Up for sale is my restored Airstream Safari. I bought this down from Oregon but it was originally consigned in San Francisco. The outer skin is polished and very shiny but not finished and I would say it is 90% done, it isn't a mirror finish yet. The really cool thing about this particular trailer is the double louvre windows, the extra oval window on the far side and the door with inner door hatch (this trailer is flooded with sunlight).

I ripped all the interior out and replaced the under floor wood and primer painted the frame. The frame is very solid.

The floor is then laid on top and is 50 Year old reclaimed Doug fur from E&K vintage wood in LA. The floating bed design is a solid wood construction with space underneath for storage. It has a Queen size mattress on top. The Safari was the perfect choice for us as it works perfectly as a Guest room, Office and of course for camping (we have two kids 2 and 4 years old). We wanted to keep it simple inside and have no love for grey water and sewage tanks etc. We prefer to have a little hotel room and then use the facilities at the camp ground - legs are for walking right!!

Anyway, this is a reluctant sale as we will be moving back to the UK...and we have no room for her back home...so this truely is a great opportunity for someone who's after one of the coolest Airstreams I've ever seen!

Has new wheels and tires.Trailer signal lights are working. Theres are a few small dents in the skin (Have pictured the most obvious one as the others are really too small to photograph) but they can be fixed with the last phase of polishing i'm sure. If I had the time to finish the polishing and get it to a mirror finish I'm sure this would go for around $30.000 but I don't have that luxury so it's a great investment opportunity and great fun!!

PS. Have bags more pics BUT inspections are welcome and encouraged.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-california-2/
ljacomelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:46 AM   #2

Bakersfield , California
1964 Airstream Safari 22 - California

FYI. This has been sold
dcdelis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags