Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
1964 22' Safari
Nashville , Tennessee
1964 Airstream Overlander 26 - Tennessee

Title: 1964 Airstream Overlander 26 - Tennessee
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Hey guys, I have decided to sell my Airstream that I have lovingly owned for 8 or 9 years. It is a 1964 model with quite a few improvements. Most of the work I have done personally on the trailer and I completed about 5 years ago, so when I say "new" it probably references 4 or 5 years ago. I renovated homes, and love auto mechanics, so this combined both of those passions. I am posting a youtube video which may answer many of the other questions.

Updated systems:

New axles. I replaced both axles, and replaced the split rims with same period rims but 1 piece. Tires were brand new 5 years ago. Very little mileage on them.

Refrigerator. I installed a new Dometic that was larger than the one that came out. 3-way. Works great.

Plumbing: On the supply side, almost everything has been replaced. Pex and plenty of shutoffs. There is a 12v system and holding tank for when the camper is not hooked up.

Waste System: I completely rebuilt the drainage system. New custom black/grey tank in original location, but upsized with about 35 gallons of storage.

Electrical System: I replaced the brain and service entrance to the electrical system. You can see it in the video. Combined 110 and 12v panel. Two go-cart batteries wired in series give offshore power. They are about 3-4 yrs old.

Lighting: 12v Lighting through out

Water heater: Gas 5 gallon water heater installed 5 years ago. Still functions well.

YouTube video: https://youtu.be/rRwkE_bF_0c

Please watch the video and ask questions. Also, I have tried to keep up with the pricing on these beautiful trailers, if anyone in the know has any suggestions there, they would be welcomed.

Thanks
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-26-tennessee/
chriscrimmin is offline   Reply With Quote