Old 06-11-2015, 06:17 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Leesburg , Florida
1964 Airstream Globetrotter 19 - Arizona

Title: 1964 Airstream Globetrotter 19 - Arizona
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

If you know anything about Airstreams, you know these little babies are the most sought after trailers in the world. They continue to go up in price year after year.

I'm not looking for $25K-$35K like some people. I can't believe how much the prices have gone up the past several yrs. Lots of these little ones are being shipped overseas and are really getting scarce. I have no doubt mid $40's will be the going price in the next 5 yrs, just like cars. You can't go wrong with these.

She weighs 2770 lbs with a tongue weight of 400 lbs so she can be towed by any small SUV, car, small truck etc.

You can call text or email me anytime.
or please visit our Facebook page for more info and pics,

She has the highly desirable door-in-door feature, such a small thing, but you can’t duplicate it if it doesn’t have it. Like fins on an old car. Convenient, cute and adds value; I love it!

Completely set up for “Boondocking” meaning dry camping, or camping without hookups. No need to plug-in. That means you can pull over anywhere, a roadside rest area, beautiful state park, scenic lookout and you can make lunch, with your 3 way refrigerator keeping everything cold, 3 burner gas stove always ready to cook, running hot & cold water and of course as many fans and lights as you need.

This is really convenient if you’re an all night driver. Just pull into a rest stop for a few hours sleep, make some coffee, you can even take a shower in your full bath and be on your way again. Everything runs on a 12 volt system that gets re-charged when you finally do pull in somewhere to hook-up.

Ready to go camping the day she arrives. There is absolutely nothing that needs to be done before you take her out.

Here’s what we lovingly restored:

* 2 new tires and one good spare. New bearings packed and lubed.
* 2 good propane tanks with brand new regulator and lines freshly painted.
*Floor – 2 soft areas professionally patched with marine grade plywood and bolted to frame. Floor covered with vapor barrier then overlaid with highly durable, water resistant Traffic Master Resilient Vinyl Plank floor. Cherry color looks great and is easy to care for.
* New Electrical, All electric professionally done. New lights both inside and out. All lights work, whether you are plugged into shore power or not. Brand new fuse panel, Power Converter and New Deep Cell Battery.
*New Plumbing, All plumbing professionally done. We removed the old clunky water heater and replaced it with an Excel tankless gas water heater. It heats water on-demand, even when boondocking.
New plumbing also includes brand new water flushing toilet and brand new 12V water pump. Includes 20 gallon holding tank and black water tank (no grey water tank on these little Airstreams).
*Brand new 3 burner propane stove and oven professionally installed. Works perfectly.
*Almost new Dometic 3-way Refrigerator / Freezer. Runs on electric, gas and 12V. Works perfectly.
* All windows and window hardware is in working order, most hardware is new.
* Brand new Rock Guard to protect front window. Made from Hurricane panel, looks great! And you can see through it!
* Brand new “Lil’ Buddy” propane heater with inside hookup. We removed the giant, rusty, nasty heater and replaced it with this nice portable one that can be put away when not in use.
* Brand new Fantastic Fan with rain sensor! You can set the temp for the day and it will regulate temp in trailer, if it senses rain, it will close automatically and then re-open when dry. How cool is that? Sooo nice for sleeping, can blow in or out.
* All Mattress/Seating is brand new 5 inch durable foam. Newly upholstered.
* New door handle and deadlock.
* Delivery possible if you pay for gas and expenses.

So here is what’s left to be done:

1. On our trip from FL to Sedona the rear cargo door and side cargo door were lost (due to stupidity). You can order them both from several places rear door is $275 side door is $135.
2. When we took the old heater and water heat out, it left 2 holes in the outer skin. Currently they are patched and taped, but you can replace the temp. patch with a “real patch” any metal shop can patch with aluminum and rivet on. Or you could put 2 cargo doors on, we couldn’t decide. See pics.
3. There are a few dings and scratches on the outside, see pics, nothing unusual or nothing that looks really bad considering the age of trailer. One tear in front belly beside tongue, see pic
4. I have not replaced the front rock guard “arms”. I have the old ones and brand new ones, for the life of me I can’t figure out how they go back on. You can tinker with them.
5. Someone replaced the window in the kitchen over the sink with a mirror. It should be replaced with a window, or Plexiglas, both you can get at Home Depot and very easy to do. I replaced the rear window using the snap-in glazing strips from Vintage Trailer Supply, so easy and it looks great.
6. She should have new seals around her door, again easily purchased at Home Depot.or Vintage Trailer Supply online.
7. She needs a nice new bright countertop. Easy enough to do, I’m embarrassed to say I couldn’t make up my mind. So it’s up to you.
8. Even though she’s been polished, she needs a good buffing and you will have that mirror like finish.
WE are selling her because life is unpredictable and our plans have changed. We recently moved to Sedona AZ, from FL. We are willing to deliver or you can come to beautiful Sedona to pick her up, and then on to the Grand Canyon!
All you need is personal items to go camping. There is absolutely nothing that needs to be fixed on this trailer for you to enjoy your first camping trip.
I put up a Facebook page and will post more pics there this week. Tune in
Disclaimer: The trailer is for sale locally. The owner has the right to cancel the auction at any time for any reason. No warranties or guarantees are expressed or implied with the trailer being sold in "AS IS" condition
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

pamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Will you be adding some photos?

Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote