Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #1

1962 22' Safari
Farmington , New Mexico
1962 Airstream Safari 22 - New Mexico

Title: 1962 Airstream Safari 22 - New Mexico
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

I'm selling my Airstream trailer. It's $6800 with new radial trailer tires and fully serviced hubs, ready to roll. This trailer pulls like a dream and with some TLC, it will be a super nice camper. It has the original refrigerator, sink, stove and oven and water heater. It has a couch/bed in front with 4 drawers underneath. It has two big closets and drawers in the sleeping area as well as a couch that makes into a bed with the original water tank underneath. In the rear, it has an original foot flush toilet, sink, tub, and shower. I'm not sure about the grey and black water holding tanks or if it even has those. The underbelly looks decent but is not perfect. The trailer is in need being redone both outside and inside. It's not fit to take camping as is. It has not been used in decades and has just been stored under an awning.The skin on the outside is in remarkable condition for the year and would look very nice shined up. None of the window cranks work. I haven't tested the appliances since there are no propane tanks. I'm not sure if the heater is original since it has a fan but seems to be ducted. The upholstery and curtains need to be trashed and redone.It has the door in a door with a screen that needs the screen replaced.In the first picture, to the left of the window, it looks like tears in the aluminum but is actually the bracket for the antenna. A cat obviously got inside through an open window and did what cats do so that need to be dealt with. The back window is missing. If I sell the trailer, it will be sold in (as is) condition. Like I said, this trailer doesn't weigh much and pulls very nicely. The dry weight is 3050 lbs. I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra with a 4.7 V8 that has no trouble at all pulling it. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THIS TRAILER, CALL AND LEAVE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER. PS THIS TRAILER WAS PARKED FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS UNDER AN AWNING THAT LEAKED AND MUST HAVE HAD RUSTY SCREWS BUT THAT SHOULD ALL BUFF OUT.
UPDATE: I pulled out the carpet and the tiles are loose and will have to be pulled out. Next I will be taking out the cushions on the couch.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...22-new-mexico/
asnewby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags