Old 08-15-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1960 24' Tradewind
pittsburg , Kansas
1960 Airstream Tradewind 24 - Kansas

Title: 1960 Airstream Tradewind 24 - Kansas
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

1960 Airstream Tradewind international. I purchased this in 2007 and spent 3 years renovating. Clear title. Total inside renovation and lots of updates. All new plumbing lines and fixtures. New gas line. New 3 way dometic refrigerator. New water heater. The trailer was polished 4 years ago to mirror shine. The top was not a mirror shine but polished and seams all gone over with trem pro. The vent above the beds was totally removed and cleaned up. The exhaust fan now works. It is the original fan. The AC works very well. There are no leaks and there are some scrapes and dings which is because it was used and is 50 plus years old.There is a dent on top by the AC. I was told by the previous owner that it was caused when the AC was added. It has not caused any problems for me and I have owned it since 2007. I did all the renovation and painting. RV place added plumbing and the new black water tank was installed by them and a professional resealed the underneath with new aluminum. It has a new floor with new tile.
All of the windows work new solar screens and custom aluminum blinds. The kitchen was built New with new sink and Aluminum counter top.It has a 2 burner stove and a new microwave that bakes and grills. The awning is new and slides onto the track on top. The bathroom sink and stool were professional painted by auto body shop. The shower pan and top of where stool sits was all fabricated aluminum and polished. The closet in back has slide out built into it along with the pantry closet. Everything is finished off so there are no hidden places that were over looked everything is neatly finished which makes it very easy to care for. I have it wired for just street wiring and all lights have been replaced. The wiring is still all there and would be easy to convert to a self contained trailer. It has no gray water tank at this time but there is room to add on underneath. The axles have been done according to use and tires are new but have been sitting since last year. The hitch is manual and bought new and comes with sway bars.Everything in the trailer was designer or good quality. Towels sheets dishes storage containers cooking pans baskets candle lamps , etc. Everything you would need to walk in and start camping stays with the trailer.Also have a professional porter cable buffer with buffing pads. Many more metal tools and a complete tool box. Everything that can be used with the trailer will be enclosed. We have only used the trailer 1-2 times a year for the past 4 years so everything is pretty much in good condition. It has a lot of extras that I am leaving in the trailer. I have enjoyed and taken care of this trailer but feel as if it is time to let her go to a new home.
I have documentation with photos of everything that I did to the trailer.
Please contact me for more photos or information.
The Suburban is still in good condition and it is also for sale
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

Judy Barde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Your trailer looks beautiful and the kitchen counter is very nice. Good luck on your sale.

Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:55 PM   #3
glebe , Nsw

Hi judy. i am the lucky recipient of your tradewind thanks to mark@airstreamguy. Just wondering if you know the measurements of your awning and where you got it made. the lady at pink flamingo says it is probably 14 foot x 8 foot. does that sound right?
Bushturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:20 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
1960 24' Tradewind
pittsburg , Kansas

I just saw your post and I am sorry for not responding sooner. I can't answer your question now as I no longer have the trailer. I made the awning. If you want to contact me through email feel free to do so. I think you have my email add. I had mixed feelings about selling the trailer as I loved and enjoyed refinishing it I hope you are happy with it and able to enjoy as much as I did. Judy
S. Silver
Judy Barde is offline   Reply With Quote