Old 04-19-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1958 22' World Traveler
Nashville , Tennessee
1958 Airstream World Traveler 22 - Tennessee

Title: 1958 Airstream World Traveler 22 - Tennessee
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

1958 Airstream 22 Foot World Traveler

This 1958 World Traveler is one of only 4 produced by Jackson Center during the 1958 production run and 1 only 10 total World Travelers produced starting with Wally's "Gold" 1957 World Traveler through the 1960 model year. This trailer was originally sold/ordered by "Village Green" and was shipped on November 17 1958 from Jackson Center.

The World travelers were unique as these 10 trailers were the only 22 foot trailers built with dual axles and included the upscale "International" interior. I understand the intent of these trailers was for use internationally on Wally's Caravans.

Although the I do not know the early owners of the trailer it was on National and regional Caravans from 1961 through 1972 as evidenced by the Caravan stickers on the door of the trailer. The trailer ultimately ended up as a "Fish Camp" trailer on Kentucky Lake/Tennessee River in Western Kentucky for many years. 11 plus years ago the trailer was purchased by a gentleman from Murray Kentucky who purchased the trailer with a restoration in mind as he was already an Airstream owner. He removed most of the interior of the trailer to begin the process of front floor replacement and died soon after starting the project. I purchased the trailer from his widow.

The exterior of the trailer is in excellent condition for its age as noted in the pictures. I have found only 1 rivet missing on the exterior shell. The exterior aluminum is straight and about as free of dents and dings as you could ask for. With the floor removed it is very easy to see the condition of the steel frame which is in excellent condition. The only part of the frame that is not visible is the rear bathroom area as the complete bathroom is still installed in the trailer.

I have about 75%+ of the original interior that was removed from the trailer for the floor replacement project. The original cabinets, stove, sinck and other parts are with the trailer. The original refrigerator, water heater, furnace and front gaucho are missing. As noted the previous owner removed most of the interior to begin the floor replacement. He put all the removed interior into dry storage in his barn. All of the original interior I received with the trailer will go to the next owner. The cabinets themselves are in fair condition. I would consider them to be patterns to make new cabinets for your restoration.

The chassis/frame on the trailer is in excellent condition. Please look at the detailed pictures to see the frame as the floor has been removed giving access to almost the complete frame. The lone exception is the rear frame section under the bathroom which is still installed in the trailer. The front coupler on the trailer is original. The propane tank mounts are original along with the original front trailer battery box. The dual axles are original to the trailer and in nice condition. The wheels are the original 14.5 inch wheels with bias play tires and have baby moon centers.

I towed this trailer over 200 miles to my home when I purchased the trailer. With the exception of your travel lights for safe towing this trailer is ready to tow to your locations.

This trailer licensed and titled to me here in the State of Tennessee and will transfer with a good Tennessee title to the next owner. The trailer is located in Nashville Tennessee.

Please look at the following Photobucket photo album. Within the album are over 120 detailed pictures for your review.

Please CALL ME ANYTIME at 615 347 7459 for information. Text messages will be deleted and I will be very slow to respond to email inquiries. If you are interested CALL ME ON THE TELEPHONE!

I look forward to talking to you about this desirable 1958 Airstream World Traveler!
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote