Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Wilmington , North Carolina
1955 Spartan Royal Mansion (2 Bdrm Model)

Title:
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

*** PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE. ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED *** Some History: My neighbor said her dad bought this trailer while he was traveling for work. He was not the original owner, but thinks he may have been the second. When he bought the property where it currently is, he parked it, underpinned it and added a room and used it as a temporary residence in which her father, she and her then toddler son lived while her dad built the house in which she currently resides. It has been sitting in the same spot and hasn't moved since 1972. Minimal skin damage on sides with one small puncture sustained during hurricane Florence. Roof is in good shape with a couple of small bumps and indentions from the hurricane. Most leaks are coming from seals that have deteriorated over the years. Most windows are intact but hardware & seals needs replacing. A couple of dents near the base of the body but nothing too horrible. Tongue is rusted through and not sure about the frame. It was completely underpinned with brick until recently. Some of the belly skins will need replacing. One has starting breaking apart and another has that papery feel and could easily tear. There was once a room added to the rear of this camper with some of the flashing still attached on the roof in that area. Most of the floor is sturdy with a few soft spots. One near the rear door could give anytime. Original stove and bath fixtures, some original light fixture still in place. Some of the walls and cabinets can be salvaged. Closets seem to be intact with a door or two missing a knob. Closet doors have push button locking knobs, very unique. The original refrigerator is long gone, but the original stove and furnace are still there. Not sure if any of the electric or gas components still work. It was hardwired to a pole at one time and uncertain if it still is. This is a two room unit with a full bed in the middle and dresser across from it. Small hallway with bathroom on left, closet on right leading into a back bedroom that has a full size walk around bed. Back bedroom has its own entrance on the driver side (manufactured that way) with a standard entry door at the living area in the front. Posting as many pics as possible. I can send all I took if you email me at VikiNance@gmail.com. Not sure what shape the axles and bearings are in but do know that the tires are so old and dry rotted they will need to be immediately replaced. Tongue is too far gone for towing and it is recommended this TT be trailered for transport. If you have the know how, it is possible that the tongue can reinforced, and axles/tires given some TLC and may be towable for a short distance. Selling for a neighbor and I will be happy to send you all of the pictures I have taken of this unit if you text me your email address at 910-477-4456.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-2-bdrm-model/
VikiNance is offline   Reply With Quote