Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
Addicted to Road Trips!

1953 21' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
1949 18' Trailwind
Broomfield , Colorado
1953 Airstream Flying Cloud 21 - Colorado

Title: 1953 Airstream Flying Cloud 21 - Colorado
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Very Rare 1953 Flying Cloud! (Pearl)

Excellent skins, original interior but systems modernized at the Airstream Plant in Ohio.

Originally a "Park" model the trailer was first purchased by a woman whose name was Pearl in 1953, hence her name which I will refer to in my description. Pearl had a bathroom included, rare in 53.

I took Pearl to the Airstream Plant in Ohio with a LONG list of upgrades that I felt were needed to use her often. At Jackson Center she spent the better part of a year having the following work done:

Added: 12 volt system, fresh water holding tank, black/grey water holding tank, new plumbing (toilet/shower), 13,000 air conditioner, 2 Fantastic Fans, Wineguard TV antenna, stabilizer jacks, Zip Dee Awnings (both sides), stainless 30 amp connector with detachable cord, stainless cable TV connections, a Marine Propane Fireplace, 2 Worthington aluminum propane tanks, New hot water heater, refrigerator, water pump, microwave, new double mattress, new coupler, belly pan, axle and springs, tires and rims.

Additional work included sealing all the exterior aluminum panels for water leaks and reinforcing the shell to the frame.

Professionally done are 2 -85 W solar panels, a 3,000 Watt inverter and 2 AGM batteries. The solar allows for the use of a coffee pot, toaster oven or hair dryer.

The exterior was polished. The interior had the original couch but was missing the other side so I had a yacht craftsman design and build a drop leaf table and curved cabinet to compliment the interior.

Included in the sale:
all original paperwork
additional Vintage Flying Cloud information
period dishes, flatware and bedding
Coffee pot, toaster oven, 12 Volt TV with DVD player
Vintage accessories
2 Zip Dee chairs that match the awning
Reese hitch

Custom made aluminum entrance step that has a Flying Cloud emblem

Cyclo Polisher and polish!!!

The exterior shell has no dents, hail damage or dings, excellent condition.
The interior woodwork is pristine and has the original Zolotone on the ceiling and walls. The aluminum used in the 50's is much thicker than what is used today so there is NO hail damage. All rivets intact.

LAST CALL!

I am taking down the ad next week, mid Dec. and waiting till spring to re-post.
If you are seriously interested contact me before then.

I may have forgotten some upgrades so email for more information.
pvreed1@mac.com
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...21-colorado-2/
Pearl54FC is offline   Reply With Quote