Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #1

Mount Shasta , California
#1 Dream for Son with Terminal Lymphoma

Title: Add New - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstream Trailers For Sale
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Our son survived rare, very aggressive Burkitt's lymphoma in 2008, then fought to get back to work and live his life. He endured a string of seemingly unconnected illnesses until 2012 when it was discovered he'd been diagnosed with congenital spinal stenosis in 2008 that went untreated, and CVID, a congenital immunodeficiency that requires painful 10hr. I.V. infusions every 28 days, plus a small melanoma on his right retina; all daunting but treatable.

We talked a lot about dreams; number one was find an Airstream, travel and write, but in January his doctors found a Burkitt's recurrence in all of his lymph nodes, plus worsening of both his spinal stenosis and immunodeficiency, and worse, a tumor in the right atrium of his heart: stage 4. Long intense hospital stays for chemo failed; he was diagnosed terminal.

After ensuring he's been able to visit family and friends in southern CA, plus numerous purchases to make it easier for him to see/hear TV, stay in touch with everyone via social media, secure medical equipment as it's needed, and putting my own work on hold to be his primary caregiver, money is really tight. I've managed to set aside about $5K so far, maybe a bit more.

He still dreams about an Airstream; we've spent hours, really amazing time planning a trip we may never take; that alone has been a huge gift. He visualizes camping on the beach listening to the surf. We figure he can be in pain there just as much as he is here.

This isn't a scam. Hospice, his attorneys and his oncologists at UCSF can be contacted if necessary. We live in the Mount Shasta area of northern California.

My son is a former California firefighter, a first responder during the 2004 hurricane season in Florida for 3 long months, an EMT II on a Red Cross medical team assigned to work with the medical director of St. Tammany parish after Hurricane Katrina. He helped coordinate numerous disaster responses/shelter operations for thousands of motorists stranded by snowstorms, and taught hundreds of First Responder, CPR and First Aid classes for the Red Cross. He won scores of awards when working for Enterprise and Wyotech.

I do realize that the odds of finding anything suitable to use immediately that I can afford are almost nil; weeks of searching ads have proved that, but I'm persevering and hope if anyone reading this has any leads they'll take a moment to contact me.

Thanks for taking the time to read about our son!
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...inal-lymphoma/
Snowmom is offline   Reply With Quote