Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2015, 06:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Salado , Texas
Wobbly Table

Recently purchased a 27' EB FB. We love it, and particularly love backing up to a beautiful view, opening the hatch, pulling the screen down and enjoying some good food.
- One problem though... The dinette table is the wobbliest RV table I have ever encountered in several decades of RVing. Has anyone got a solution?
Loden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Malakoff , Texas
The fixed hinge / mount points(on the wall) may be expanded and in need
of being bent back in closer for a tighter fit. Also, check everything for tightness.
Wiggle it and determine where it wiggle most - and why. Seek and destroy wiggle.
kennethowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethowens View Post
The fixed hinge / mount points(on the wall) may be expanded and in need
of being bent back in closer for a tighter fit. Also, check everything for tightness.
Wiggle it and determine where it wiggle most - and why. Seek and destroy wiggle.
It's an Eddie Bauer - the mounting system is different - two legs that mount into the floor. There's another thread on this subject with a whole lot of ideas. BTW on the 2016 they changed over to a better leg which seems to have solved the problem.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f531...egs-96497.html

The new design has screw in legs, a bigger base, etc.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Salado , Texas
Foiled Again: Went to the thread and the info there was pretty old (2014). All that was there was comments about the original dual screw-in 2013 legs and a lot of complaints about how bad the table would wobble, spilling liquids.
Loden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
I can attest the new legs solve the problem. Just updated the other thread with my upgrade.
dmcgaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #6
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
I have a new EB as well (25') and I can attest that this is an extreme problem and unfortunately Airstream was not much help. They asked: "didn't you test the table before you purchased the trailer?" To which I responded: "Well, the dealership wasn't too keen on me and the family sitting down to eat a meal before we purchased!" I cannot fathom that it is acceptable to purchase a trailer of this price point and have a table that we can't have a meal in without risk of tipping drinks.
The weak link isn't where the legs mount in to the floor, it is the plastic female receivers mounted under the table top.

I have seen the other thread, and was confused at the best replacement legs as I don't want to re-drill the floor.

D
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote