Old 04-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Wow, what a nice welcome from everyone.
Colonial offered us a deal that we just did not have the heart to refuse. It was probably in the ball park of the majority of what everyone receives but Lauern was so informative and nice over the phone, that we just went with it. Looking forward to picking it up in May or June depending on my work schedule.
Planning on getting the Newbies Guild to Airstreaming, thanks for the suggestion Luigi.
Also will get the extra key bank, I know one day in the future, locked out of our trailer I will be glad to have them.
You can never have enough fuses especially odd ones.

PharmGeek we followed your posts when you were getting your trailer, thanks for asking all the questions I would not of thought to ask. We were looking at the bunkhouse also.

Eight grand kids who love to camp and we were thinking about trying to fit them all in. But we decided on the EB, just love that hatch and versatility. We kept our pop up to let our grand kids and family use it to camp with.

Congrats to AnnArborBob on your new EB. I feel your excitement. Hope to run into you all out camping someday.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
I have not though about sewer dumping systems. Suggestions? Portia Pottie in pop up. No experience with sewer systems and dumping. Going to investigate this further before we pick up our EB. Don't want to arrive at dumping station with no clue. Maybe a box of gloves added to our list.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Definitely get a box of gloves.
The Newbies Guide to Airstreaming came with my trailer in one of the folios that has all the owner's manuals.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Spanish Fort , Alabama
BassCan,
Know you are going to thoroughly enjoy your streaming. We bought ours in January three years ago after much exploring and finally confirming the floor plan we liked at the open house during Canopener 2012 Rally where wonderful friendships were started. We would like to invite you to explore the Canopener 2015 thread here in forum. The main loop for Canopener is pretty much booked, but there should be lots of other sites there that are available. It is January 9-11, 2015 at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park in Santa Rosa, Fl which is an absolutely gorgeous park.

We are just across the Bay from you and will look forward to our paths crossing.
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Los alamos , New Mexico
There are several pre camp, arrival, and post camp lists, plus tool bag suggestions. We laminated ours in a small note book. Start building yours now, also ask on the forum for a " shoppers list", prior to the AS arrival. Since I live in the pollen capital, I inquired early how to wash and preserve the outside of the AS, several good product suggestions with the right brush as towel recommendations. We have only owned ours for a few months so my comments will be more basic than many experienced AS owners; however, i am where you still are now. Last, keep a daily AS journal, ours is already priceless.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Congrats!
The EB is certainly a unique AS and you will be deluged with inquiries from other TT owners...especially when the rear hatch is open.

Enjoy; I know we do!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Jealous of the EB!! Love it - if it was just the wife and me - it would be a very likely choice! Enjoy!!

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
colorado springs , Colorado
Congrats BassCan! We love our EB 27', even after full-timing in it since 9/1/13. The floor plan is what made it great for our lifestyle. As can be seen from other threads, we have modified the interior with recliners, yet kept the same EB theme.

Regarding sewer, we replaced the sewer cap with the upgraded version where you can drain the grey via a grey water hose. The Sewer Solution is nice, in that its a relatively clean experience (still use gloves). We have the stinky slinky, but trimmed the rabbit ears off so it will fit in the canaster under the trailer.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
We'll, I received a phone call from Lauern today from Colonial. My trailer has arrived from the factory. Yea!!! I would have done a happy dance, but I was in the middle of work, so I just grinned all day long thanks Mefly2, jasperkins,luigi123, mhoney,Alumitatar, and PharnGeek for your congrats. We are now trying to schedule a week off to pick it up. It still might be a month or two before we can get up to NJ. Planning on getting Corrosion X. Probably go with progressive insurance. Please keep the suggestions coming. Greatly appreciated.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
I know that smile BassCan! My heart skipped a few beats when I received the phone call that ours had been shipped to North Trail RV in Ft. Myers. My feet never hit the ground that day (nor have they yet and we have had ours almost 2 months now!) You are going to love the Eddie Bauer!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:02 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassCan View Post
. We are now trying to schedule a week off to pick it up. It still might be a month or two before we can get up to NJ.

Suggest sooner rather than later so that you can start enjoying it ...great decision!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
AnnArborBob, We were wondering how your pick up went. We will be getting our EB from Colonial in the next three to six weeks. We will be traveling from lower Alabama, probably drive up in two days, and take our time towing home. What to bring, traffic and highway issues... Thanks in advance
Old 04-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi123 View Post
Warranty cards are important an easy step to miss in all the acquisition excitement--we did.
Also, get extra key blanks from dealer for a third set just in case, and leave with someone you can contact 24/7 to overnight to you when "OS moment happens"
We keep a spare set of trailer keys in our tow vehicle, and a spare set of truck keys in the trailer.....Just in case.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:30 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
That's probably a good idea that we should partake of- the spare truck key and trailer keys are at the house-

1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote