Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
Twist-lock table legs

I was lucky enough to see a brand new Eddie Bauer trailer last weekend. It had just arrived in the UK and made it to our big annual gathering in Shropshire.

I really liked the trailer - I thought it was well designed and well built. It might sound weird, but the thing I liked most were the twist-lock table legs. Can anyone tell me who makes them?

Our Blog
Bully Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Bully Boy,
can you send a picture of them? I know Bradd and Hall carry some that lock into the floor and the table clicks in from the top. We have two for our table. We we take the table down there are two covers that allow the holes to be covered so no debris fall into them. don't know if this is what you mean.

They work great and we recommend two so you can leave the table in place as you transit.

SKU: table leg assembly
Includes Leg, Base Plate, Base Plate Plug and Top Plate for Table More details...

Price: $50.00

Table Leg Height:

SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
Thanks SL4BLLT.

Sorry - I didn't get a photo, but what you've shown isn't what was fitted. The base plate in the floor had a small, rectangular slot in it, maybe about 1" x 1/2". There was a T-shaped peg on the end of the post which slotted into the floor plate, and a half turn locked the whole thing solid. Very neat.

Our Blog
Old 09-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Austin , Texas
I think the Bradd and Hall parts look more rugged as the connection point looks larger. One interesting thing is the EB comes with two extra polls and mounts (but not an extra table). Here are the floor mounts...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LegPosts.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	168691  
Old 09-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
That's them!

Any idea who makes them and where I can order a set?

Our Blog
Old 09-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Austin , Texas
You would think there would be a mfg vanity logo underneath, but nope, nothing. Don't know who made them.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
Thanks Lee. I'll get in touch with Airstream and see if they can help.

Our Blog
Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Did you have any luck ordering from AS?
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by StagrLee View Post
One interesting thing is the EB comes with two extra polls and mounts (but not an extra table). ..
Hmmmm... that was not the case with ours (maybe changed for 2013) just two pedestal tubes, the table, itself, and the floor mounts. PM me if your table wiggles enough to spill liquids out of your cups and glasses ... think we have that solved.

AS parts and service has been superb!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Hmmmm... that was not the case with ours (maybe changed for 2013) just two pedestal tubes, the table, itself, and the floor mounts. PM me if your table wiggles enough to spill liquids out of your cups and glasses ... think we have that solved.

AS parts and service has been superb!
Sounds like me getting extra floor connection point mounts and legs may have been a mix-up at the factory. Mine was missing the rear Eddie Bauer badge on the rear hatch door. Airstream sent me a replacement shown in another thread.

On the table wiggle issue, if you don't get the stud at the bottom of the legs latched in perfectly into the flange on the floor - rotated in 1/4 turn - it will wiggle badly. To fix this, put the table leg into the flange and rotate the leg counter clockwise a full turn or two to loosen the stud to allow more clearance to lock into the floor mount flange. The legs are much more stable when locked in properly...

In my case teaching the family not to push on the table when standing/sitting takes a while... Even locked in, that will slosh a bowl of soup
Old 09-01-2014, 10:25 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StagrLee View Post
I think the Bradd and Hall parts look more rugged as the connection point looks larger. One interesting thing is the EB comes with two extra polls and mounts (but not an extra table). Here are the floor mounts...
finally found this

Springfield 14 Inch Anodized Aluminum 2 3/8 OD Lock Boat Table Pedestal Post | Great Lakes Skipper
Old 09-01-2014, 11:24 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud

14" ???
Old 09-02-2014, 12:01 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
14" ???
Yes, wrong height but fastener type looks right. Of course if you wanted to lower the table to bed height and have some more support across the middle it might be all right. Also if you wanted a narrow coffee table - that height might be OK

paula
Old 09-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
I'm seriously thinking about swapping out the factor legs/mounts for the Sequoia legs/mounts. Reason being, I think I would like to put two more legs closer to the edge to make the table more stable. I can only tell my 7-year old boys so many times to not lean on the table (plus I would actually like to lean on the table -- it's a table after all ). I'd prefer that all 4 legs match.

I am also considering making some shirt legs for when the dinette is in bed mode for a bit extra support.

I've spent about 4 hours online looking for the factory type. The Springfield type are close, but the reference a 7" diameter base and the EBAY has 6" diameter base, and the EBAY legs are on 2" in diameter.

Here are the Sequoia's:
http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...ls.cgi?i=79554
dmcgaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Sorry, stupid phone auto correct and typos.

"factor" was supposed to be "factory"

"shirt" was supposed to be "short"

"EBAY" was supposed to be "EB"
Old 09-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgaugh View Post
I'm seriously thinking about swapping out the factory legs/mounts for the Sequoia legs/mounts. Reason being, I think I would like to put two more legs closer to the edge to make the table more stable. I can only tell my 7-year old boys so many times to not lean on the table (plus I would actually like to lean on the table -- it's a table after all ). I'd prefer that all 4 legs match.

I am also considering making some short legs for when the dinette is in bed mode for a bit extra support.

I've spent about 4 hours online looking for the factory type. The Springfield type are close, but the reference a 7" diameter base and the EB has 6" diameter base, and the EB legs are on 2" in diameter.

Here are the Sequoia's:
Sequoia Table Leg System-79554 - Gander Mountain
(corrected your autospell stuff)

I originally contacted Airstream to buy two more legs (to cut down for "coffee table" height) The price of was unbelievable! If I remember it was $250 per leg... about 10 times what it should have been.... so when I saw the others online I was semi thrilled.

But I have to admit you're right about the look of the sequoia legs having a stronger mounting point. (The originals have something that looks like a carriage bolt with the sides trimmed off.)

I would be a bit concerned about moving the bases and having holes in the flooring... though with the EB the rubberized flooring should be easy to patch.

Having a 4 legged table in an Airstream creates knee room issues getting in and out of the dinette. I suppose you could have two legs about six to eight inches apart near the centerline of the table.

Here is a cheap idea you could try tomorrow. Make trial legs out of PVC pipe and prop them in place, see whether they'd work or not. If they stabilize the table, then get the under the table "cups" to hold the legs - and just plop a 2" PVC pipe in. The extras wouldn't really have any connection to the floor other than gravity as long as the regular legs are twisted in tightly.

I'd guess that if you put two widely spaced legs at the BACK of the table next to the door the table would be very stable. And the temporary legs could be used only when you're feeding the munchkins. They wouldn't be really visible, especially if you painted them in a gray to coordinate with the aluminum ones.

I'm really thinking of going back to my original idea of making the table narrower (with fold up leaves) and also having shorter legs. If I can't match the legs to two shorter ones I'll probably replace them with more affordable Sequoia ones in the original configuration, and add 2 shorter ones for the coffee table height.

Paula
Old 09-02-2014, 11:44 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Fascinating topic as this is the biggest complaint I have about our EB for the whole week that we've owned it.

If I mount the Sequoia's in the same spot as the originals, there will be no screw holes because the Sequoia floor base is 7" and the originals are 6".

I realize that having more legs at the side will make a knee banging hazard, but I'm somewhat willing to make that trade.

On the other hand, another thought I had was to put two spaced wide near the hatch and one in the original location toward the front-center. Total of 3. This gets back to screw holes left in the floor, but solves knee banging and hopefully stabilizes the table.

Part of me wonders if just going to the Sequoia style leg alone will steady things.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Here is what I originally wrote regarding our 2013 ... no change in hardware for the 2015 either! The addition of two more legs at the rear hatch area seems to solve our table issues ... not sure that just adding the Sequoia pedestal mounts will take care of the problem.

... with regard to the very wiggly dinette table in our Eddie Bauer ... it seems like a sneeze transmitted to the table via our lightly placed forearms is enough to send the liquid vibrating out of only a nearly full cup or mug (see below); so, we have this past weekend only filled the cups to less than half full. I have tightened the pedestals into the lower floor receiver points as much as is comfortable via hand - short of using a flexible / protected strap wrench... to no avail. The plan to stabilize the table is to (first: add an appropriate thickness of wood spacer to the bottom of the table to bring the span for the 30.5"leg up to the needed 31.5" ...which will easily still fit into the under bed storage space and) attach two folding legs which are spaced the same distance apart as are the bottom seat cushions ... at the rear of the table. That will add much needed lateral support / stability ... which we will gladly trade off for the ability to slide in and out via the rear hatch. We would like to be able to serve and eat from a stabilized table rather than make quick egress through the rear hatch.

The hooks visible under the table are for adding bungee cords from the table down to the anchor D-ring when we need more stability. The plastic storage units store under the seats while underway * note to be sure to NOT have the port folding support in this position or it may break loose the trim piece. PM if you want more details. We added hockey pucks to the bottom of the legs rather than adding a wooden spacer under the table ... works like a champ with great stability. We have two more spare legs that proved to be unnecessary - PM if you need them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-10_18-30-47_968 - Copy.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	220795  
Old 09-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

We have meFly2's 2013 Eddie and the wobbly table was an issue when my husband spilled my entire glass of wine. Mostly concerned about the wine of course! I bought an aluminum table at camping world that is 25x25 and fits nicely when the original table is in it's "bed" position. I have found that this gives us more seating and is nice for a gathering place. The table legs telescope inside of themselves, folds in half, and fits perfectly on the floor under the bed. It leaves about 1/4- 1/2 inch between the boards so there isn't any sliding around when in transit. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...mp-table/69443 Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1409924885.119040.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	220860

PS- I read mention of the rubberized flooring. I was surprised that as I investigated the flooring closer, I found it is not very thick. Ours doesn't lay flat in the galley and I believe this may be due to the lack of weight in the material. It's fairly thin in comparison to vinyl. I am not very sure how patching would work. Happy Camping - Jenny

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
toma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Henny- Nice photo of YOUR Eddie above! We had carpet over the flooring but never noticed it not laying flat. Sounds like warranty should be in place.