Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 11:21 PM   #61
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivetingTrvl View Post
Has anyone had any success with Airstream replacing/upgrading the table hardware under warranty? Apparently our 2015 EB has the older hardware.
There is the expense involved of the new style but the change out is really easy if you are even slightly a handyman ...
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:38 PM   #62
1 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Fillmore , Indiana
Shortening Twist-Lock Table Leg

I'm trying to shorten a 26U Twist-lock table leg by about 1-1/2 inches. I've drilled out the rivets in the plastic thread-lock end but I can't get it off. The plastic thread-lock device won't pull or twist off. I tried to soften it in a buck of very hot water and that didn't work either. Suggestions?

Thank you.
jdeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeegan View Post
I'm trying to shorten a 26U Twist-lock table leg by about 1-1/2 inches. I've drilled out the rivets in the plastic thread-lock end but I can't get it off. The plastic thread-lock device won't pull or twist off. I tried to soften it in a buck of very hot water and that didn't work either. Suggestions?

Thank you.
I kept the stock table as is and bought a new leg from Cascade Depot, who sells the hardware used by Airstream.
https://www.cascadedepot.com/table-posts-1/
Check to see if your post has a taper at the top.
I bought a 'locking' post, and the lock is a pain for one person, but is easily defeated.
Or as in my case, I just bought the leg and table base together. The leg is about $25 and comes in several lengths. The new table base was $8.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:49 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeegan View Post

Thank you.
Plan B
If you really want to cut the leg, how about inserting a dowel or broom handle in the open end and tapping it? I don't have mine here so I can't see if it's open.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote