Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Longview , Texas
I disliked the table and banquette so much I did a remodel. The table you see here is on wheels and the height is adjustable making it multi-functional. Table or almost counter top height. We can roll it to the counter if we need more counter space. I also had a stationary desk installed. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1410639389.651840.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	221686Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1410639409.872307.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	617.4 KB
ID:	221687Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1410639427.410685.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	610.4 KB
ID:	221688

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Aggie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Here is what I originally wrote regarding our 2013 ... no change in hardware for the 2015 either! The addition of two more legs at the rear hatch area seems to solve our table issues ... not sure that just adding the Sequoia pedestal mounts will take care of the problem.

... with regard to the very wiggly dinette table in our Eddie Bauer ... it seems like a sneeze transmitted to the table via our lightly placed forearms is enough to send the liquid vibrating out of only a nearly full cup or mug (see below); so, we have this past weekend only filled the cups to less than half full. I have tightened the pedestals into the lower floor receiver points as much as is comfortable via hand - short of using a flexible / protected strap wrench... to no avail. The plan to stabilize the table is to (first: add an appropriate thickness of wood spacer to the bottom of the table to bring the span for the 30.5"leg up to the needed 31.5" ...which will easily still fit into the under bed storage space and) attach two folding legs which are spaced the same distance apart as are the bottom seat cushions ... at the rear of the table. That will add much needed lateral support / stability ... which we will gladly trade off for the ability to slide in and out via the rear hatch. We would like to be able to serve and eat from a stabilized table rather than make quick egress through the rear hatch.

The hooks visible under the table are for adding bungee cords from the table down to the anchor D-ring when we need more stability. The plastic storage units store under the seats while underway * note to be sure to NOT have the port folding support in this position or it may break loose the trim piece. PM if you want more details. We added hockey pucks to the bottom of the legs rather than adding a wooden spacer under the table ... works like a champ with great stability. We have two more spare legs that proved to be unnecessary - PM if you need them.
mefly2, please post a link to the product (or the mfg & model) of the legs you used to stabilize the EB table. I like your solution the best of all that I have seen so far.

Thanks! Bob
Old 09-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #23
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
I've found an 1 1/2" ABS fitting with a flange, a Valterra part #1005-1. I think it is a replacement part for a gate valve that gets glued into the black/grey system. One needs to grind off the inner seal lip to make it flat then this is screwed to the bottom of my table (unglued) to hold 1 1/2" ABS pipe for legs, and caps for feet, like Mefly 2's folding legs.
Two 1 1/2" ABS flanges @ $3.00 ea.
6' of 1 1/2" ABS pipe @ $4.30
Two 1 1/2" ABS caps @ $3.00 ea.
If I lean on the unsupported corner it will lift the far corner support off the floor. I imagine this is why bungie cords are used to tension the table? I find that the 2 1/2 gallon water jug prevents this lift on the corners.
Still a work in progress, but way less wobbly, cheap, and only 8 hidden screw holes from stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	222084   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	222085  

Old 09-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
AAB-

Both the newer (more expensive) and older style folding single table legs for the Flying Cloud series (and possibly others) will fit the EB table IF you either use a spacer at the top or the bottom of the leg. Some legs are adjustable for height. Various vendors have them for sale on line or you may order directly from AS.

Because it matches the AS interior and appears to be similar to some factory legs, this is what I used:

Item Number: 635.64.301
Manufacturer: Hafele

http://www.tablelegsonline.com/ellip...l#.VBxW45UtCic

However, these might be more sturdy ...

http://www.tablelegsonline.com/click...l#.VBxW7JUtCic

http://www.rockler.com/click-foldable-table-leg
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

Looked at a 2015 27 EB today. Working the numbers on Monday. Wife and I loved it. After reading here, I'm wonder how bad this table wobble is. Got a 8 and 9 y/o who are in the can't sit still age. Love your input before we pull the trigger.
brushmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushmonkey View Post
Looked at a 2015 27 EB today. Working the numbers on Monday. Wife and I loved it. After reading here, I'm wonder how bad this table wobble is. Got a 8 and 9 y/o who are in the can't sit still age. Love your input before we pull the trigger.

I wouldn't let it stop you from buying the trailer. I just consider it an annoyance and something for you to _optimize_ when you have some free time.
dmcgaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:59 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
Really it's not that big of a problem. Love my EB.
KathyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
We spilled hot choc and tea all over the place when we got our first EB - just by getting "in" the seating areas. However, since we made the mod (x2) with fold down legs at the rear we rarely have any issues with spillage. Suggest to also go with larger base glasses and cups - that helps, too.

Hockey pucks seem to add the correct amount to the table leg length and they are kept centered on the leg with a spent cartridge case attached to the center of the puck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-05-10_18-30-47_968 - Copy.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	228566   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-07_17-25-02_823.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	228567  

Old 12-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

Thanks all, looks like we are going to get it. Looking forwards to see you all on the road.
brushmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Comparing EB to Safari/Flying Cloud 25 FB

Every year the models all change slightly, but even so I rather think that I might be one of the few people who have owned a 2006 Safari (now Flying Cloud) 25 FB and a 2012 Eddie Bauer 25 FB.

As such I'd like to put in my two cents about what the differences are and how they might affect anyone looking at the 25 FB's.

First, understand that the Eddie Bauer is much closer kin to the Internationals than to the lower price Flying Cloud line. The "international" changes are:
  • porcelain toilet - better than plastic, but at 5'6" I'd prefer normal height instead of the tall toilet.
  • overhead cabinets have sliding doors - Ian Poulin pointed out that the Safari cabinets would be head boinkers for the tall, I just like the sliders better - they are slightly more spacious and are lighted internally - EB "leaf" patterned sliders are super pretty - like them better than the Serenity or Signature style
  • big "lobster bowl" sink instead of two smaller ones in the 2006 model... now they all have lobster bowl sinks. a few people don't like the lobster bowl, because they're used to a wash sink and a rinse sink, but I wash everything in a couple of inches of water, drain it, and spray rinse OR teakettle rinse with boiling water for fast drying. Dishes can air dry on a towel on the counter or be wiped and put away.
The Eddie Bauer has the hatch but you lose all of the concealed under the seat storage. Two words - pretty baskets help but there's still less storage space. The kitchen storage is also notably smaller (Irritating. I store my nesting pots in a footstool/ottoman). The mattress is considerably better than the one that came with the Safari... I traded that one out in about 5 months, I'm over a year with the new one, but it's day is coming too. Between the hatch and the rear door there are a lot of little breezes in the EB that are getting me down this winter. I'm finding and fixing them one at a time. Watching a candle flame flutter showed me the bottom of the door leaked, and the hatch.... don't think it has any insulation.

Paula
Old 12-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post

First, understand that the Eddie Bauer is much closer kin to the Internationals than to the lower price Flying Cloud line.

Well said, and to be frank the price reflects the same. I often peruse the International forums in addition to the EB forums to cover all relevant topics for our EB.

The thing I like least of all is the lack of under seat storage since we rarely need to take advantage of the fold up feature. Like you, we've gone with baskets under ours. The main thing that drove us to the EB was being able to bring the outdoors in with the hatch.
dmcgaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
We too are careful about we store in our EB. But we do use the hatch when bringing our two kayaks and bikes camping with us. A lot of versatility.
BassCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
We "hatch" EVERY outing and would NOT go back!
Old 12-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
Twist-lock table legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Every year the models all change slightly, but even so I rather think that I might be one of the few people who have owned a 2006 Safari (now Flying Cloud) 25 FB and a 2012 Eddie Bauer 25 FB.

As such I'd like to put in my two cents about what the differences are and how they might affect anyone looking at the 25 FB's.

First, understand that the Eddie Bauer is much closer kin to the Internationals than to the lower price Flying Cloud line. The "international" changes are:
  • porcelain toilet - better than plastic, but at 5'6" I'd prefer normal height instead of the tall toilet.
  • overhead cabinets have sliding doors - Ian Poulin pointed out that the Safari cabinets would be head boinkers for the tall, I just like the sliders better - they are slightly more spacious and are lighted internally - EB "leaf" patterned sliders are super pretty - like them better than the Serenity or Signature style
  • big "lobster bowl" sink instead of two smaller ones in the 2006 model... now they all have lobster bowl sinks. a few people don't like the lobster bowl, because they're used to a wash sink and a rinse sink, but I wash everything in a couple of inches of water, drain it, and spray rinse OR teakettle rinse with boiling water for fast drying. Dishes can air dry on a towel on the counter or be wiped and put away.

The Eddie Bauer has the hatch but you lose all of the concealed under the seat storage. Two words - pretty baskets help but there's still less storage space. The kitchen storage is also notably smaller (Irritating. I store my nesting pots in a footstool/ottoman). The mattress is considerably better than the one that came with the Safari... I traded that one out in about 5 months, I'm over a year with the new one, but it's day is coming too. Between the hatch and the rear door there are a lot of little breezes in the EB that are getting me down this winter. I'm finding and fixing them one at a time. Watching a candle flame flutter showed me the bottom of the door leaked, and the hatch.... don't think it has any insulation.

Paula
I don't have your length and broad experience of 25ft AS , but totally agree with your post.

On the storage issue, My big find were two heavy duty Black Contico pro tuff storage containers, that fit fairly well under the dining seats. (Walmart, Home Depot and Amazon were stocking them during the spring and summer months but don't seem to be at this time, at least not online). They function as multi purpose additions to my EB. Storage in the trailer and then can go outside and also be used as seating, table, drink holder, or for a foot rest.😊

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1418712368.677172.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	228729

Kathy
KathyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
We spilled hot choc and tea all over the place when we got our first EB - just by getting "in" the seating areas. However, since we made the mod (x2) with fold down legs at the rear we rarely have any issues with spillage. Suggest to also go with larger base glasses and cups - that helps, too.

Hockey pucks seem to add the correct amount to the table leg length and they are kept centered on the leg with a spent cartridge case attached to the center of the puck.
Dear MEfly2 I finally had it with my wobbler - and am buying exactly the same legs that you did. Thanks for the idea! One change for me. Instead of extending the two "helper" legs, I am cutting the original ones down to the height of the helpers. The top end of the legs is just a raw cut, and I'm not tall, so why not?

Airstream has always had 30.5 inch height on it's tables. Grab a ruler and measure tables, desks, and workstations around your home or office. 29 inches for most tables, and 26-28 inches for most computer work stations. Put a sewing machine or a computer on top of a 30.5 inch table and it's truly uncomfortable. In a small space any table has to be multi-purpose: it should also be stable and as comfortable as possible too.

Eventually if I get really frustrated the table itself may GO. It's heavy an too big, and the aluminum trim which looks so nice is sharp and OUCH'es my hands putting it up and down.

Paula
Old 08-02-2015, 10:07 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Understood; I think the only reason that they are that height is to make egress out the back hatch just a bit easier.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:56 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
On another thread someone wrote about patching the EB floor - used some kind of black caulk - liquid nails maybe? I think just the rubber sleeve on the leg, the 3 point tightening, and the filler piece for the floor - these are better legs - but note that the leg height is 25 inches.... Check Amazon, I'm sure I've seen these in different heights.

Paula
Old 08-03-2015, 06:22 AM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Austin , Texas
What happened to all the photos in this thread?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
I'm still seeing photos ... there are more in another EB forum thread.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:34 AM   #40
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
We just had our first outing in our 25' EB. I feel like we paid $88K for a trailer that should not have a wobbly table. I about drove our kids nuts reminding them to not lean on the table edge. I myself almost dumped a glass of juice just adjusting myself in the seat and bumping the table. Don't get me wrong we LOVED the trailer, just the table was a pain.

It seems the problem is not the floor receptacles, rather it is the mounts on the base of the table that are the problem. I determined how to get the legs in tight so that they have no play. The PVC receivers however allow for no tightening whatsoever.

Next call - Airstream.

D
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote