Old 09-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Sorry, stupid phone auto correct and typos.

"factor" was supposed to be "factory"

"shirt" was supposed to be "short"

"EBAY" was supposed to be "EB"

Old 09-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgaugh View Post
I'm seriously thinking about swapping out the factory legs/mounts for the Sequoia legs/mounts. Reason being, I think I would like to put two more legs closer to the edge to make the table more stable. I can only tell my 7-year old boys so many times to not lean on the table (plus I would actually like to lean on the table -- it's a table after all ). I'd prefer that all 4 legs match.

I am also considering making some short legs for when the dinette is in bed mode for a bit extra support.

I've spent about 4 hours online looking for the factory type. The Springfield type are close, but the reference a 7" diameter base and the EB has 6" diameter base, and the EB legs are on 2" in diameter.

Here are the Sequoia's:
Sequoia Table Leg System-79554 - Gander Mountain
(corrected your autospell stuff)

I originally contacted Airstream to buy two more legs (to cut down for "coffee table" height) The price of was unbelievable! If I remember it was $250 per leg... about 10 times what it should have been.... so when I saw the others online I was semi thrilled.

But I have to admit you're right about the look of the sequoia legs having a stronger mounting point. (The originals have something that looks like a carriage bolt with the sides trimmed off.)

I would be a bit concerned about moving the bases and having holes in the flooring... though with the EB the rubberized flooring should be easy to patch.

Having a 4 legged table in an Airstream creates knee room issues getting in and out of the dinette. I suppose you could have two legs about six to eight inches apart near the centerline of the table.

Here is a cheap idea you could try tomorrow. Make trial legs out of PVC pipe and prop them in place, see whether they'd work or not. If they stabilize the table, then get the under the table "cups" to hold the legs - and just plop a 2" PVC pipe in. The extras wouldn't really have any connection to the floor other than gravity as long as the regular legs are twisted in tightly.

I'd guess that if you put two widely spaced legs at the BACK of the table next to the door the table would be very stable. And the temporary legs could be used only when you're feeding the munchkins. They wouldn't be really visible, especially if you painted them in a gray to coordinate with the aluminum ones.

I'm really thinking of going back to my original idea of making the table narrower (with fold up leaves) and also having shorter legs. If I can't match the legs to two shorter ones I'll probably replace them with more affordable Sequoia ones in the original configuration, and add 2 shorter ones for the coffee table height.

Paula

Old 09-03-2014, 12:44 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Fascinating topic as this is the biggest complaint I have about our EB for the whole week that we've owned it.

If I mount the Sequoia's in the same spot as the originals, there will be no screw holes because the Sequoia floor base is 7" and the originals are 6".

I realize that having more legs at the side will make a knee banging hazard, but I'm somewhat willing to make that trade.

On the other hand, another thought I had was to put two spaced wide near the hatch and one in the original location toward the front-center. Total of 3. This gets back to screw holes left in the floor, but solves knee banging and hopefully stabilizes the table.

Part of me wonders if just going to the Sequoia style leg alone will steady things.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Here is what I originally wrote regarding our 2013 ... no change in hardware for the 2015 either! The addition of two more legs at the rear hatch area seems to solve our table issues ... not sure that just adding the Sequoia pedestal mounts will take care of the problem.

... with regard to the very wiggly dinette table in our Eddie Bauer ... it seems like a sneeze transmitted to the table via our lightly placed forearms is enough to send the liquid vibrating out of only a nearly full cup or mug (see below); so, we have this past weekend only filled the cups to less than half full. I have tightened the pedestals into the lower floor receiver points as much as is comfortable via hand - short of using a flexible / protected strap wrench... to no avail. The plan to stabilize the table is to (first: add an appropriate thickness of wood spacer to the bottom of the table to bring the span for the 30.5"leg up to the needed 31.5" ...which will easily still fit into the under bed storage space and) attach two folding legs which are spaced the same distance apart as are the bottom seat cushions ... at the rear of the table. That will add much needed lateral support / stability ... which we will gladly trade off for the ability to slide in and out via the rear hatch. We would like to be able to serve and eat from a stabilized table rather than make quick egress through the rear hatch.

The hooks visible under the table are for adding bungee cords from the table down to the anchor D-ring when we need more stability. The plastic storage units store under the seats while underway * note to be sure to NOT have the port folding support in this position or it may break loose the trim piece. PM if you want more details. We added hockey pucks to the bottom of the legs rather than adding a wooden spacer under the table ... works like a champ with great stability. We have two more spare legs that proved to be unnecessary - PM if you need them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-10_18-30-47_968 - Copy.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	220795  
Old 09-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

We have meFly2's 2013 Eddie and the wobbly table was an issue when my husband spilled my entire glass of wine. Mostly concerned about the wine of course! I bought an aluminum table at camping world that is 25x25 and fits nicely when the original table is in it's "bed" position. I have found that this gives us more seating and is nice for a gathering place. The table legs telescope inside of themselves, folds in half, and fits perfectly on the floor under the bed. It leaves about 1/4- 1/2 inch between the boards so there isn't any sliding around when in transit. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...mp-table/69443 Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1409924885.119040.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	220860

PS- I read mention of the rubberized flooring. I was surprised that as I investigated the flooring closer, I found it is not very thick. Ours doesn't lay flat in the galley and I believe this may be due to the lack of weight in the material. It's fairly thin in comparison to vinyl. I am not very sure how patching would work. Happy Camping - Jenny

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Henny- Nice photo of YOUR Eddie above! We had carpet over the flooring but never noticed it not laying flat. Sounds like warranty should be in place.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Longview , Texas
I disliked the table and banquette so much I did a remodel. The table you see here is on wheels and the height is adjustable making it multi-functional. Table or almost counter top height. We can roll it to the counter if we need more counter space. I also had a stationary desk installed. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1410639389.651840.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	221686Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1410639409.872307.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	617.4 KB
ID:	221687Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1410639427.410685.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	610.4 KB
ID:	221688

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Here is what I originally wrote regarding our 2013 ... no change in hardware for the 2015 either! The addition of two more legs at the rear hatch area seems to solve our table issues ... not sure that just adding the Sequoia pedestal mounts will take care of the problem.

... with regard to the very wiggly dinette table in our Eddie Bauer ... it seems like a sneeze transmitted to the table via our lightly placed forearms is enough to send the liquid vibrating out of only a nearly full cup or mug (see below); so, we have this past weekend only filled the cups to less than half full. I have tightened the pedestals into the lower floor receiver points as much as is comfortable via hand - short of using a flexible / protected strap wrench... to no avail. The plan to stabilize the table is to (first: add an appropriate thickness of wood spacer to the bottom of the table to bring the span for the 30.5"leg up to the needed 31.5" ...which will easily still fit into the under bed storage space and) attach two folding legs which are spaced the same distance apart as are the bottom seat cushions ... at the rear of the table. That will add much needed lateral support / stability ... which we will gladly trade off for the ability to slide in and out via the rear hatch. We would like to be able to serve and eat from a stabilized table rather than make quick egress through the rear hatch.

The hooks visible under the table are for adding bungee cords from the table down to the anchor D-ring when we need more stability. The plastic storage units store under the seats while underway * note to be sure to NOT have the port folding support in this position or it may break loose the trim piece. PM if you want more details. We added hockey pucks to the bottom of the legs rather than adding a wooden spacer under the table ... works like a champ with great stability. We have two more spare legs that proved to be unnecessary - PM if you need them.
mefly2, please post a link to the product (or the mfg & model) of the legs you used to stabilize the EB table. I like your solution the best of all that I have seen so far.

Thanks! Bob
Old 09-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #23
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
I've found an 1 1/2" ABS fitting with a flange, a Valterra part #1005-1. I think it is a replacement part for a gate valve that gets glued into the black/grey system. One needs to grind off the inner seal lip to make it flat then this is screwed to the bottom of my table (unglued) to hold 1 1/2" ABS pipe for legs, and caps for feet, like Mefly 2's folding legs.
Two 1 1/2" ABS flanges @ $3.00 ea.
6' of 1 1/2" ABS pipe @ $4.30
Two 1 1/2" ABS caps @ $3.00 ea.
If I lean on the unsupported corner it will lift the far corner support off the floor. I imagine this is why bungie cords are used to tension the table? I find that the 2 1/2 gallon water jug prevents this lift on the corners.
Still a work in progress, but way less wobbly, cheap, and only 8 hidden screw holes from stock.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	222084   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	222085  

Old 09-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
AAB-

Both the newer (more expensive) and older style folding single table legs for the Flying Cloud series (and possibly others) will fit the EB table IF you either use a spacer at the top or the bottom of the leg. Some legs are adjustable for height. Various vendors have them for sale on line or you may order directly from AS.

Because it matches the AS interior and appears to be similar to some factory legs, this is what I used:

Item Number: 635.64.301
Manufacturer: Hafele

http://www.tablelegsonline.com/ellip...l#.VBxW45UtCic

However, these might be more sturdy ...

http://www.tablelegsonline.com/click...l#.VBxW7JUtCic

http://www.rockler.com/click-foldable-table-leg
Old 12-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

Looked at a 2015 27 EB today. Working the numbers on Monday. Wife and I loved it. After reading here, I'm wonder how bad this table wobble is. Got a 8 and 9 y/o who are in the can't sit still age. Love your input before we pull the trigger.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:13 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushmonkey View Post
Looked at a 2015 27 EB today. Working the numbers on Monday. Wife and I loved it. After reading here, I'm wonder how bad this table wobble is. Got a 8 and 9 y/o who are in the can't sit still age. Love your input before we pull the trigger.

I wouldn't let it stop you from buying the trailer. I just consider it an annoyance and something for you to _optimize_ when you have some free time.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:59 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
Really it's not that big of a problem. Love my EB.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
We spilled hot choc and tea all over the place when we got our first EB - just by getting "in" the seating areas. However, since we made the mod (x2) with fold down legs at the rear we rarely have any issues with spillage. Suggest to also go with larger base glasses and cups - that helps, too.

Hockey pucks seem to add the correct amount to the table leg length and they are kept centered on the leg with a spent cartridge case attached to the center of the puck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-05-10_18-30-47_968 - Copy.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	228566   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-07_17-25-02_823.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	228567