Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Eddie Bauer - All Models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Tossing Table Completely

Looked at Wayfair.com and saw a transforming table. Ack. Cant get picture.

Wanted to know if anyone has personal experience with this table. Ready to toss the. EB table in a heartbeat even though I already upgraded the legs in my 2012 to the newer style.

Will try to snag the picture or link and repost.

Paula
Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Senter transforming coffee table
Old 02-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The collapsible coffee table, Paula?

After our first real trip in our Interstate, the pedestal table in the back went into the garage and there it has stayed now approaching 11 years.

We learned to do without, unless there was a hospitable picnic table, and never missed it.

Maggie
Old 02-08-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
I nearly bought a couple of t
Wooden tray tables but I want something I can use when I cook. The EB has almost zero counter space. Why they didnt put in a 2 burner stove I will never know.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
This one?

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-lder5612.html

"Bring style and versatile function to your home with this must-have coffee table. Whether you live in a smaller apartment or you often need to make room for a large cocktail party in your living room, this coffee table is the perfect pick. It features a foldable design and wheels, so you can easily tuck it away whenever you want. But even better, it has an adjustable x-lift mechanism, so you can lock it at any height from floor seating to dining height."

Pretty slick! When it collapses does it fold down flat for storage, like maybe on the floor while traveling?

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Not sure about your decor, but this folding table is pretty versatile.
Not sure if they're still around, it's made by Miller's RV interiors in Loveland, Co.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
This one?

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-lder5612.html

"Bring style and versatile function to your home with this must-have coffee table. Whether you live in a smaller apartment or you often need to make room for a large cocktail party in your living room, this coffee table is the perfect pick. It features a foldable design and wheels, so you can easily tuck it away whenever you want. But even better, it has an adjustable x-lift mechanism, so you can lock it at any height from floor seating to dining height."

Pretty slick! When it collapses does it fold down flat for storage, like maybe on the floor while traveling?

Peter
Yes, thank you! This looks sturdy yet flexible, many 5 star ratings. I bought a sewing table that also LOOKED great, but it manages to be heavy AND wobbly at the same time. If I keep the original it is getting cut down like so many others have done. Royal pain to get in and out from the crosswise queen.

I like to feel and see before I buy, or at least get assurances that it handles easily and won't vibrate if I put a sewing machine on it.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:16 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Oh yes, and it is supposed to fold flat too. Super good for an EB. I found a real lookalike at Home Goods and since they have brick and mortar stores I can see before I buy. If I do get it I will have the original top, the original leg assemblies and the replacement style they started using in 2014 up for adoption.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Wayfair looks good!
We have thought the same ...even after finagling all sorts of ways to make the factory table work better / be more stable.
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:54 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Reality 21st century

No one stocks very much inventory and when I went to order the transforming table it was out of stock... Now waiting for the next ship from China to get one.

Paula
Old 04-07-2018, 09:10 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
I went to the LA Airstream Dealer today to look at the table in the 26u. Seems to be a good replacement for the table in the Eddie Bauer. I really like the fact that I can use 1/2 of the table and it swivels, is a bit smaller...also seems to weigh less.
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:41 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Wayfair is still out of stock ...
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Wayfair is still out of stock ...
Checked today. Found it at walmart.com.

June 15 delivery. I will review when i get it.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:28 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Checked today. Found it at walmart.com.

June 15 delivery. I will review when i get it.
Well, either I had a complete senior moment or there was misinformation on the first listing I s saw, or there is more than one version of this table. It weighs 65 lbs and I am reasonably sure that when I first saw it the listing said 35. Still in the box. I am buying a cottage in Florida, so I will store it for there. Bummer. Glad I didnt toss original table top, but will now have it cut smaller as many others have done.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Final update. I finally pulled the box out of the truck and opened it. And after everything - I like it and am keeping it.

SERIOUS WARNING: two people are needed to set it up safely the first time AND the instructions do not tell you that the legs are tied down with a slip knot on each side which might not release. And when you cut the 2nd tie WHAM! I ended up with the table upside down and a friend leaning heavily on one set of legs while I used a knee and an arm to restrain the other while cutting the tiedown. Still got a nasty bump. If I had to do it again, I would use some kind strap that I could release an inch or two at a time. As long as I only adjust it from coffee table to regular table height, it is super easy and safe. I won't try to put ot back into flatpack ever again.

Two of the wheels lock, but when traveling I lower it and lock the wheels, and roll a rubber backed rug up in front to hold it securely. I could also bungee it to the dinette legs but the rug works fine.

Height can adjust anywhere from about 16 inches to 31 inches. The top can rotate and open (unfold) to a full dining table, but inside the Airstream it is too big.... maybe OK for a big jigsaw puzzle.

I can get it out the door in coffee table configuration, but the hatch on the Eddie Bauer is a no-brainer. Again 65 lbs, so a helper is great. Outside, fully open for a rally, yes, that would work.

Unlocking the wheels when camping lets me use the table as darn convenient counter space, and it rolls easily back into dinette configuration. And watching tv with feet up on a pillow on the coffee table... it is all good.

Gave the OEM table to overlander63 so if you need it or the 2012 legs, PM him.