Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Seabrook , Texas
Satellite TV HELP!

Hello all. We just bought our 1st airstream and love it. We have a 2012 Eddie Bauer 25.
But some things are real mysteries.
Does anyone know how to hook up wingard Dish TV to work all TVs and play through the speakers?
I have been looking at the forum for days and called airstream.
Any help would be very appreciated.
sbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
One of our unit members (WBCCI Razorback Unit) just wrote an article about this in the latest unit newsletter. I don't know if it will answer your questions, but you might check it out.

http://arkansasrazorback.wbcci.net/f...Newsletter.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Landrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Seabrook , Texas
Thanks. Read through the article.
I think my problem may be that I have to get rid of the Jack that was factory installed to get the Dish TV to work without running a bunch of cables everywhere.
It is utterly confusing.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Ouray , Colorado
The speakers.... Change the stereo to CD2 (mode setting), and that will have the Audio Out from the TV in the main room project on all the speakers.

You should have a HDMI splitter overhead behind the CD player that the DishRecevier hooks up too. The COAX input to the Dish Receiver.
jasperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Seabrook , Texas
Thank you so much. I will try and make that work tomorrow.
One last question: do I need to remove the inside cabinet wall to find the cable?
Old 09-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Ouray , Colorado
No removing of any cabinets....well unless you mean the DVD Player. You should be able to see the HDMI splitter. If not (or if you don't have one), Radio Shack has them cheap. Basically it allow which ever HDMI port is active of the 2 to transfer a signal to the TV.

So for example, my XBOX one is port one on the splitter. My DirecTV is port 2. Play with it, and it will work.

The sound - make sure you go to CD setting and then hit the MODE button to change to CD2. This is the one that passes the TV sound back thru the stereo which then passes it back thru all the speakers.

Good Luck!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Ouray , Colorado
Just re-read my post, and it didn't come across clear.

My Eddie Bauer has a Y splitter which was behind the DVD player box. the Input was the BluRay and then it split to the 2 TV's HDMI cables. This little box required electricity.

Now the problem is that it can only handle 1 HDMI signal in. So you would need another HDMI SWITCHER. This is what then the BluRay or GameConsole or SAT TV would input into, and then exit to the HDMI splitter.

Both of these components require power. And you can buy a DC to AC inverter to plug into the Cig ligthher adapter that powers everything off of battery when docked, as the TV also can be powered off an inverter.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Tv - 101.......

This is an interesting thread...
We purchased our 2013 Flying Cloud last spring and have not turned on the TV's yet... That said, I need to figure this out sooner or later.
Would it be possible to articulate a basic process of how to first get my TV to work on any "air channels" I can access through the roof top antenna.

Also how one would go about hooking in a SAT dish into the system.
( IE where do I plug the SAT dish into, what do I hook the receiver into, what MODE do I turn my surround sound to)

I don't know the first thing about the TV or sound system in my trailer and have not touched it only because I'm scared of screwing something up!

Thanks

Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperkins View Post
Just re-read my post, and it didn't come across clear.

My Eddie Bauer has a Y splitter which was behind the DVD player box. the Input was the BluRay and then it split to the 2 TV's HDMI cables. This little box required electricity.

Now the problem is that it can only handle 1 HDMI signal in. So you would need another HDMI SWITCHER. This is what then the BluRay or GameConsole or SAT TV would input into, and then exit to the HDMI splitter.

Both of these components require power. And you can buy a DC to AC inverter to plug into the Cig ligthher adapter that powers everything off of battery when docked, as the TV also can be powered off an inverter.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Ouray , Colorado
Tv 101

1. Would it be possible to articulate a basic process of how to first get my TV to work on any "air channels" I can access through the roof top antenna.
Turn on the Antenna via the power button on the 12volt adapter next to the TV in the main room. This allows the Antenna to become amplified and pull in a signal.

Next turn on your TV and change the Source on the remote to TV.

Then on the remote click on Menu - scroll down to Antenna - scroll Right to make sure the setting is AIR and then down to Auto Program. Then choose Start for Air on the Auto Program sub menu.

This will allow Over the air TV viewing assuming your antenna has a signal.

IF you want Audio out on all the trailer speakers, you need to change the stereo input to CD2 (at least on my 2012 Sony deck).

( IE where do I plug the SAT dish into, what do I hook the receiver into, what MODE do I turn my surround sound to)
A little more complicated as there is only 1 HDMI input going into the factory switcher from the BluRay. This would require that your purchase a HDMI switch box from RadioShack, etc. The BluRay, GameConsole, SAT, or whatever HDMI feeds would plug into the switchbox. Then the switchbox out would goto the existing HDMI splitter which feeds the 2 TV's (rear bedroom and front room).

Old 09-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperkins View Post
1. Would it be possible to articulate a basic process of how to first get my TV to work on any "air channels" I can access through the roof top antenna.
Turn on the Antenna via the power button on the 12volt adapter next to the TV in the main room. This allows the Antenna to become amplified and pull in a signal.

Next turn on your TV and change the Source on the remote to TV.

Then on the remote click on Menu - scroll down to Antenna - scroll Right to make sure the setting is AIR and then down to Auto Program. Then choose Start for Air on the Auto Program sub menu.

This will allow Over the air TV viewing assuming your antenna has a signal.

IF you want Audio out on all the trailer speakers, you need to change the stereo input to CD2 (at least on my 2012 Sony deck).

A little more complicated as there is only 1 HDMI input going into the factory switcher from the BluRay. This would require that your purchase a HDMI switch box from RadioShack, etc. The BluRay, GameConsole, SAT, or whatever HDMI feeds would plug into the switchbox. Then the switchbox out would goto the existing HDMI splitter which feeds the 2 TV's (rear bedroom and front room).

This wonderful thanks very much for taking the time to articulate the process.....
The next time I have my trailer out of its metal storage building I will try this and see I can get my televisions working
Thanks again
Doug

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums