Old 06-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Rockwood , Tennessee
Rear hatch lock

I have a 2012 25' EB and I can't get the rear hatch to unlock. Both the inside and outside handles will turn but I can't seem to get it open. Anybody else had this happen?

JMcMa378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
1972 25' Tradewind
Chattanooga , Tennessee
often the actual piece that holds it closed gets loose or broken somehow. I would drill the rivets and take off the outside handle to see what is going on. Or if you can see the inside handle...check out the latch that holds the hatch closed.

Steve and Tobie Thayer
Chatthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Austin , Texas
I have had problems with the tumblers in the rear hatch lock getting sticky. Once the lock is unlocked, I've always had solid actuation of the deadlock bolts from the outside handle .... but only in one direction to the lock/unlock side. What I mean by that is if the deadbolts are thrown to the lock side, the handle will turn freely to the lock side until you get 1/2 way the other direction before the handle starts pulling the deadbolts out of the door. I always end up rotating the outside handle from clockwise limit to counterclockwise limit and back and tug the door as it always tough to figure out if the hatch is locked or unlocked.

Don't think I've ever used the inside handle!
"Stagr" Lee
2012-1/2 25' Eddie Bauer
StagrLee is offline   Reply With Quote