Old 02-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
GILBERT , Arizona
We pick ours up this time last year and have put over 9000 miles on.

After all that we know now what we want to change, it's better to give it a trip to see how things work before a redo.

2013 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
dames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Austin & Santa Fe , TX & NM
I like your flooring idea and may give it a try myself. Paula's recs are spot on too. Thanks.
We have the most fantastic salesperson (female, smart, knowledgable, super nice- my wife is intent on adopting her) and I will not ever, ever pay over list price for anything!!! Shame on any AS dealer that does. So... I grew up in the one other town in the US that operates a woolen mill, love Pendleton and have a Hudson Bay (vintage) blanket. Can't hardly wait to get the new baby😎

Old 02-08-2016, 04:18 PM   #17

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Newport News , Virginia
Pendleton touch

We have a new FC 30bunk, and I too admire the Pendleton. I already have 2 Pendleton blankets and Pendleton National Park coffee cups to have that same decor only more low key. Our neutral colors will permit any decor changes that may be desired in the future....like beach decor. Enjoy your new "torpedo" home.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiBear View Post
Congratulations, MissBiscuit, on your new EB! We have the 2014 EB and love the hatch so much (and everything else .

I found it interesting that one of your reasons for choosing the vanilla-flavored EB over the Pendleton was the decor (although that price difference - Ouch!) I was looking at the new Pendleton a couple of days ago and my husband accused me of "buyer's remorse" and my response was "No! I think it's beautiful but I also think it's something you'd get tired of." It's a little too "decorated" for daily living or glamping, although a great showpiece.

One of the other draws to the EB for us (besides the hatch) was the rugged interior, in particular the Sunbrella cushions and the ruggedized floor. They have both held up extremely well to our three filthy, rowdy boxers. They all still look brand new after dozens of trips. I do have a bolt of material waiting to be turned into new cushion covers, just for some variety, but I'm not going to remove the Sunbrella. (Not sure yet how that's going to work out...)

A great short-term solution for the solar, before you make the expensive leap of permanent installation of panels, inverter, etc is a portable GoPower unit (or something comparable). This keeps our batteries topped off just fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Power-GP-PS...7VPMC0Nhttp://

Good luck - you'll do fine! We were absolute newbies, too, when we bought ours, and you learn a little bit on every trip. As others have suggested, use it a lot before you make any permanent decisions. Ideas change as you discover how you will use it.
I second the portable GoPower! We use an 80W on ours and it works out fine for us. We will be using it in the desert this weekend outside Borrego Springs for 3 nights boondock camping...no worries!
Old 02-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I don't think you'll love the long term results if you lay another floor over the EB floor. It's somewhat texturized and .... meh. Might damage both floors.

No go take a good HARD look at your layout. If you decide to change out the floor you could just go back to either the front wall of the bathroom (where the sliding door is, or to the bedroom, at the second sliding door and stop there.
Leave the appliances and cabinets in place.

If you decide to go to the BEDROOM, then take down the bathroom door and the wall on both sides of it for an "open concept toilet" and pull up the throne (after draining and rinsing the black tank or whew!), and you can easily do the bath floor too. Reinstalling the walls - piece of cake. To do everything the "right way" and take out the whole interior? If it's a do-it-yourself job, you'll probably wish you'd bought a land yacht itself. Did you know that the high end wood floor in the very limited edition "Land Yacht" is available in two color choices - in vinyl? YEP. Really.

BTW, redoing the bedroom isn't all that hard, but this is one where you do want to take the bed apart and out. Not all that hard really.

Sweet Dreams, Paula
Old 02-08-2016, 11:34 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Congrats on your new 27 EB. We love ours. Now just need to camp more.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:03 PM   #21
Some Guy

2018 28' Tommy Bahama
Nashville , Tennessee
We have a late 2015 model EB.
Two small kids who are active and two older parents!

The floor is virtually indestructible. For certain you should give it some time. Perhaps bring some of the cabin feel you are looking for with a throw rug of two.

I would go to a boat upholstery place and if you search this forum, someone identified the specific Sunbrella fabric used in the pre-ultra-leather versions (like ours). I would have the upholsterer make you slip covers as suggested above. You might even consider treating the fabric with "never-wet" for a completely safe and liquid resistant - no hassle environment.

Besides Pendleton, don't forget Eddie Bauer makes some pretty "lodge" feel blankets and pillows.

This way ... you make it your own but retain the integrity of the limited edition (and fading edition) of the Eddie Bauer.

D
2015 F250 TV-Petrol
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Congrats and welcome....suggest try tucking towels around the cushions or just have covers made to slip ober existing pleather. We love our tan sunbrella.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:22 AM   #23
RivetingTravels

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 30' International
Richmond , Virginia
After selling our 2013 30RB Int'l Sig, we were CERTAIN we were going to take the plunge for Airstream Pendleton #85, then changed our mind and had COMPLETELY decided to get a nearly-new 2016 27EB.

Then we found a never used 2015 25EB. Must change those tan sunbrella cushions. And add the awning package. But for the tens of THOUSANDS of dollars we saved ourselves, it's a drop in the bucket!

Are we the only ones going DOWN in size?

WBCCI 22386 | SKP 111234 | Follow Us!
BlogFacebookTwitterInstagram
RivetingTrvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:40 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivetingTrvl View Post
After selling our 2013 30RB Int'l Sig, we were CERTAIN we were going to take the plunge for Airstream Pendleton #85, then changed our mind and had COMPLETELY decided to get a nearly-new 2016 27EB.

Then we found a never used 2015 25EB. Must change those tan sunbrella cushions. And add the awning package. But for the tens of THOUSANDS of dollars we saved ourselves, it's a drop in the bucket!

Call MsBiscuit - she's got some nice black ultraleather ....
Why not swap your cushions?

Paula
Old 05-25-2016, 11:25 PM   #25
Some Guy

2018 28' Tommy Bahama
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivetingTrvl View Post

If you do decide to change out your sunbrella seat covers, please let me know. I'd be interested in them (or any of the throw pillows - should you decide to go a different route). Thanks DJ

2015 F250 TV-Petrol
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote