Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Eddie Bauer - All Models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #1
Glamper Girl

2008 23' International
Sunny San Diego , California
Eddie Bauer Lose its contract?

I've been talking with a dealer in OR and they said this is the last year of the EB? I remember back in 2012 production halted for awhile, but the EB came back strong!!

So my question is....... is 2015 really the last year of production? We were wanting to buy one, but the local dealer had a brand new 2015 25fb that had a faulty gas strut. When they removed it they damaged the interior skin!! Yet, they still expected me to empty my pockets for it.

I read about the latch opening up which can be really scary..... has this issue been fixed on the 2015?

thanks y'all ..... we like the EB but the gas strut and wobbly table deterred us!

Many thanks and Happy New Year!!
Old 01-04-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Park City , Utah
I have a 2012 25' eddie bauer. I've had zero issues with my rear door and really don't see how it could come up while driving. That being said the table is wobbly. I've seen a few post that people have added an extra leg to fix it. I haven't bothered to mess with mine. Maybe someday. The table is such a minor complaint and I'll be honest its not on my radar.

My wife really pushed for the eddie Bauer, I was worried about all the what ifs that I read on the forums. Mostly from people that don't own one. The rear door is well thought out I don't for see any issue. If I had to do it again I wouldn't buy anything but an airstream with the rear door. The ability to open up the camper and sit in the fresh air is huge.
peetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
The E.B. may or may not go away but I think Airstream likes the rear hatch, and the engineering/tooling is in place. I read something about their factory expansion and new models that included a reference to a rear hatch.

Otherwise the E.B. is mostly a interior designer's exercise, although a quite nice one. I like the extra durability of the fabric, maybe the floor.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:44 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Austin , Texas
If you forget to throw the dead bolt on the rear hatch, it could open up.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 01-05-2015, 06:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Maybe the Panamerica will be coming back, in some modified version, two axles with more carrying capacity, different options, maybe even a generator built in, very well sound proofed.

If the Panamerica were still made, I think I would have gone that direction, then built out the rear area so as to make it more living space, yet retain the possibility of a toy hauler. I had actually drawn up plans for an isolated generator mounted in the rear of the Panamerica, suspended on air cushions, which could provide adequate electricity to power at least one HVAC unit.

And, the Eddie Bauer would have been my choice this time, but I wanted the recliners....which I love.

As the production capacity of AS expands, they may have in mind some more models, much in the stream of thought of the Eddie Bauer or Panamerica.... think Land Yacht as an expanded thought process....

Is it time for a Swatchstream?
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
"And, the Eddie Bauer would have been my choice this time, but I wanted the recliners....which I love."

Just for info, the Eddie Bauer is one of a couple new mid-size Airstreams two recliners will fit easily into by removing the bench seats. The other is a 25 Rear Bed model.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #7
Glamper Girl

2008 23' International
Sunny San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
Maybe the Panamerica will be coming back, in some modified version, two axles with more carrying capacity, different options, maybe even a generator built in, very well sound proofed.

If the Panamerica were still made, I think I would have gone that direction, then built out the rear area so as to make it more living space, yet retain the possibility of a toy hauler. I had actually drawn up plans for an isolated generator mounted in the rear of the Panamerica, suspended on air cushions, which could provide adequate electricity to power at least one HVAC unit.

And, the Eddie Bauer would have been my choice this time, but I wanted the recliners....which I love.

As the production capacity of AS expands, they may have in mind some more models, much in the stream of thought of the Eddie Bauer or Panamerica.... think Land Yacht as an expanded thought process....

Is it time for a Swatchstream?
Hmmmm......maybe I should wait for the 2016's to arrive to see what Airstream has replaced the EB with...or will it be a few years before they present a new hatch model?
Old 01-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Who knows what they have in the works, the new luxury laden Classic shows they will abandon an idea for a new one if they see the market. And the new Classics are selling like hotcakes. Expect more new models, hopefully more than interior designer exercises. Maybe hatches, built-in solar and generator packages, who knows.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
I would gladly trade in mine for a truly well-built boondocker version. Solar, gennie, more ground clearance, bigger wheels and tires, etc. etc.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
laguna beach , California
I love my 25' EB! 405 watts of solar, durable fabric, able to put my fishing kayak and gear in it-easily! Wouldn't have anything else...except, maybe the 27' EB...

Ford F-350 crew cab 4X4 diesel, 25' Jack Bauer edition AS
sparkymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:38 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
We really like our 27' EB 2014. Should we have waited for the ducted upgrade in 2015?
Well at the time we were looking there were rumors that the 2014 may be the last production year.So we knew what we wanted and made an offer. It is nicely set up for a couple, but we have squeezed in a couple of children and grandkids at times. Hope that 2015 was not the last year of production.
BassCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #12
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
I thought '12 was going to be the end of EB's. I ordered mine in Nov. hoping they would build it before they cut it from production. I couldn't get the factory to say one way or the other on the future of the EB line. Mine was the third rig off the line in '13. I picked up the new EB brochure in Jan '13, it was printed 10/12, so at least marketing knew there was a future of the EB line. If I knew that, I would have waited for a "summer" built one, vs a "winter" built one.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f531...ion-98993.html
Old 01-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
I just received a phone call from a dealership telling me that this would be the last year for Eddie Bauer production.

Laura & Tom
Old 01-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #14
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Does that mean AS cannot use the name anymore or are they not going to produce the trailer model anymore. Maybe AS lost the rights to use the eddy Bauer name and will produce the trailer under a dif model name? Peace, jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #15
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
The EB is a specific model with a license ($$) to use the name, and include the down goodies supplied from EB.
There will be another version of the rear hatch, some time. There was a gap of a year or two between the Pan America and the EB.
I think the hatch is too popular to drop completely. It should be upscale, an International/Classic with a hatch option.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
Hmmmm......maybe I should wait for the 2016's to arrive to see what Airstream has replaced the EB with...or will it be a few years before they present a new hatch model?
Not too likely that they will have a "new" EB when they can't build enough of them as it is ... no reason to change a good thing. Ours boondocks well as it is; gen in the rear of TV. Solar is already factory with AGMs and two panels ...YMMV

We'd like to see an FC with the hatch !
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Fort Worth , Texas
Can anyone tell me when the EB order cut off date is?
ASNewbieKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Wouda, couda, shouda. Can any one supply documented proof of a rear hatch ever coming open while underway that was not due to gross operator error?

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
MY HATCH came open.

Fortunately it was when I was on the way to the factory. The hatch was LOCKED, but the pins barely made it through the holes on the sides. Airstream adjusted the lock so that the pins protruded fully through the holes. I also run a bungee cord to doubly secure it now.

Paula
Old 03-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
MY HATCH came open.

Fortunately it was when I was on the way to the factory. The hatch was LOCKED, but the pins barely made it through the holes on the sides. Airstream adjusted the lock so that the pins protruded fully through the holes. I also run a bungee cord to doubly secure it now.

Paula
Paula, than you. Just what I was looking for. I hope no major damage was done.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote